• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
Does anyone know if the face masks in classrooms has been made compulsory by the Government solely, or is it down to the discretion of local education authorities who by default are all mandating it?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if the face masks in classrooms has been made compulsory by the Government solely, or is it down to the discretion of local education authorities who by default are all mandating it?
On the BBC reporting yesterday they said masks were "recommended" but other reports i've seen didn't mention that all important word.

Alistair20000

I'm surprised that he didn't refer to the green roots of recovery, sunlit pastures, rainbows and God Almighty (....all said in the very best of Latin). But, I have to confess, I think there's not a lot wrong with his plan.
What I dislike is the inflexibility with only earliest dates set for various easing of restrictions. This is all supposed to be data driven. We wasted weeks last summer being locked up when the virus was doing little harm. I cannot see why we cannot have a weekly review with dates for easing adjusted earlier or later depending on what the data is telling us.

Legohead

Banned
The NHS also wasted months last summer twiddling their thumbs and making Tik Tok videos with little to do whilst people needing other conditions sorting didn't get the treatment they needed. These months get added to these patients waiting list times.

IndoMike

What I dislike is the inflexibility with only earliest dates set for various easing of restrictions. This is all supposed to be data driven. We wasted weeks last summer being locked up when the virus was doing little harm. I cannot see why we cannot have a weekly review with dates for easing adjusted earlier or later depending on what the data is telling us.
The problem was the inaction and lack of foresight February -March 2020. We got behind the game and allowed the virus to spread. Remember Cheltenham races, Atletico coming to
Liverpool, no lockdown of airports, Johnson not wearing masks and greeting people in hospital et al. I can't say for sure that the virus wouldn't have spread anyway, but the Govt's laissez faire approach couldn't have helped.

Legohead

Banned
I can't see why the Government can't make plans and stick to them regardless. If there is an increase in cases so what? If there is a new variant so what? Just make the plan and bloody well stick to it this time!

IndoMike

So Hancock lies about PPE procurement, saying that there was never a shortage. He really is becoming a giant turd yet a very little man. Creep.

LOG

Have you seen the pics of him playing football? His expressions range from "I just saw a ghost!" to "I'm doing a big poo"

Legohead

Banned
Is the wearing of face masks in class when kids go back compulsory or is it at the discretion of the school? I ask as i intend to contact my child's school head to vehemently protest against this, if it is the ultimate decision of the individual schools of course.

Have schools considered what they could legally be culpable for if a child develops a skin problem due to having to wear a mask for 7 hours? Have schools considered the implications regarding the development of anxiety related issues with regards having to wear masks for 7 hours a day? There are numerous potential health risks to 11 year olds from wearing masks all day.

I heard of a head at a school in Essex who isn't requiring kids to wear masks. How can i find out who is responsible please?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Disappointing for all those people who own dogs and want to meet up

:)