• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How long before Joey gets suspended by the FA or the Club? :)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
How long before Joey gets suspended by the FA or the Club? :)
Well he's already been banned by Exeweb! 😄

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well he's already been banned by Exeweb! 😄
To55er.

IndoMike

They might have more similarities than you'd think. Joey Barton is actually quite philosophical
So was Atila the Hun.

ExmouthMart

Replaced by Joey Barton...... hilarious! A devout follower of the John Sitton School of Management.

Legohead

Banned
Joey Barton is philosophical yes, he's also very hypocritical and refuses to accept responsibility for his frequent transgressions. Claiming he's misunderstood all the time. I get misunderstood a lot too but if i do something wrong then i explain the reasons why i did it and accept responsibility for doing it. He doesn't. Which makes him a grade a cnut.

andrew p long

which expression most springs to mind?

from the sublime to the ridiculous
out of the frying pan...
when you are in a hole...
a fool and his money?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joey Barton has done a decent job in league 1, Tisdale generally hasn't and has shown he is out of his depth at that level.

Fleetwood made the play offs last season.

I think he will do a lot better than Tisdale was doing.

jrg333

Joey Barton is actually quite philosophical
quite philosophical... for a guy who likes to sucker punch strangers into unconsciousness, punch 16 year olds in the mouth and break their teeth, break their teammate's cheekbone, stub cigars out in youth player's eyes, drink drive and break a pedestrian's leg, and headbutt other managers.

Don't be fooled. Barton is no philosopher; he's a grade A thug with enough advisers to occasionally string a sentence together.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly, Barton has a troubled upbringing and still has his demons, but, dare I say it, I think he's an interesting character, who, against the odds, has made something of his life.

From afar Rovers look like a bit of a basketcase to me. However, assuming they're not beyond help, I'd back him to keep them up and progress again next season.