• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem is that the table currently is extremely disjointed n really anyone from 33 points up has a chance if playoffs n anyone from 10th up has a sneaky chance of automatic promotion.

I am confident for us with randall and Williams back and wilmott we'll be able to be in the mix to the end if the season

carlislefan

I did iFollow Saturday against Salford . We were lucky to get the draw in the end. Having said that, their equaliser was coming (79) but more from their possession not chances. 1st half was all us, they had no chances. Our high press seemed to disrupt their neat passing.
Carlisle still nowhere near where we were before the COVID postponements. Bit of a worry- I was very optimistic, but I think unless we spring back, I’d take a play off place now. Big game at hometomorrow v tranny😳 apparently the best team we’ve played when they beat us 1:0 a few months ago. They were one of my pre season tips. Hope I’m wrong . Keep going lads , it seems a long old season even though it only started in September!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Newport's defeat yesterday means that on points per game City moved into the play offs.

So as an example of how close League Two is , if the season ended yesterday morning we would miss the play offs. But if it ended yesterday evening we would be in the play offs. Despite not playing yesterday.

Grecianpasty

Looks like FGR Carlisle and Cambridge for the top three at the mo. Each eminently removable by an ECFC spring offensive
I don't see Carlisle as an autos team. Similarly to Morecombe their lack of possession football will be their downfall. Cambridge will all depend on whether they can keep their front three fit for the remainder of the season.

iscalad

Newport's defeat yesterday means that on points per game City moved into the play offs.

So as an example of how close League Two is , if the season ended yesterday morning we would miss the play offs. But if it ended yesterday evening we would be in the play offs. Despite not playing yesterday.
Just shows how we threw away 2 points when we played them.

Colesman Ballz

Just shows how we threw away 2 points when we played them.
Get real, we hardly "threw away 2 points", but rather did exceptionally well to salvage a point in the circumstances !

iscalad

Get real, we hardly "threw away 2 points", but rather did exceptionally well to salvage a point in the circumstances !
If we had played with 11 men we would have won the game.

Colesman Ballz

If we had played with 11 men we would have PROBABLY won the game.
Amended for accuracy, and even then, no $hit Sherlock !

iscalad

Amended for accuracy, and even then, no $hit Sherlock !
Amazing, people on Exeweb having different opinions. Who'd have thought.

DB9

If we had played with 11 men we would have won the game.
Alas we'll never know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.