• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Grimsby Town matchday thread. (postponed)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon Torquay now wish their game had been postponed too...
And Liverpool

The deluder

The only game in the football league and conference postponed due to weather. Even Torquay’s game is on.
And Weymouth. Either the pitch or how it’s managed.

andrew p long

Exeter City games postponed due to condition of the pitch this winter are (IIRC)

Home 1

Away 4

Red red

It amazes me the amount of qualified groundsman on this forum . It has absolutely ****** down for at least 48 hours. Our Ground staff do a excellent job and all everyone does is bloody moan. Some other pitches in this league are far worse . Keep it up Clive and his team. .

Colesman Ballz

It amazes me the amount of qualified groundsman on this forum . It has absolutely ****** down for at least 48 hours. Our Ground staff do a excellent job and all everyone does is bloody moan. Some other pitches in this league are far worse . Keep it up Clive and his team. .
Ahem, I assume you mean CHAS and his team ! :unsure:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont think people are questioning the excellent work that Chas and his team do on the pitch, but it doesn't change the fact that the pitch is $h!t and we need to spend some money on a new one. Its embarrassing and I hope the club have plans to rectify it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Dave helping Chas out with the pitch ?

grecIAN Harris

Given the drainage issue beyond the club's control, the only way forward that I can see is viable is to build one of the new generation pitches but build up the base of the pitch so it stand a good foot or so higher than it does currently hopefully then giving it a better chance against flooding. The downside to that is that it's going to be one big old job before you get to putting the pitch down. After I moved into my current abode in Cranbrook I had to bring in a ton of soil to lay some turf down. I only went about a couple inches deep in a 5m x 5m garden. My back of a fag packet figures mean we'd need somewhere between 1300 to 1400 tonnes of soil before you could lay the pitch if what I'm suggesting is feasible

Legohead

Banned
It's winter. Games will be postponed due to the weather. We can try and improve things with the resources we have for sure and i'm trusting the groundstaff to know their onions but i can't help but think there is an over reaction to this issue all things considered.

So, we'll start with urban drainage......tomorrow
I have a suggestion for one item for the curriculum - Sustainable Urban Drainage (SUDS).

Perhaps you could cover the design of an under-pitch retention system which could be used for temporary storage of peak rainfall intensity until such time that the drainage outfall from the pitch to St James Road can cope with the discharge capacity it was designed for at the beginning of the last century.

Last edited: