• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Offers turned down for Ryan Bowman

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I totally forgive Bowman for the sending off at Newport. He battles manfully week in week out against all that fourth division defenders dish out, rarely gets injured and has a decent disciplinary record too. Sometimes an opposition player needs a dig back..just don't do it in front of the officials next time you big, daft lump. Enjoy your three games rest and then come back scoring.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I totally forgive Bowman for the sending off at Newport. He battles manfully week in week out against all that fourth division defenders dish out, rarely gets injured and has a decent disciplinary record too. Sometimes an opposition player needs a dig back..just don't do it in front of the officials next time you big, daft lump. Enjoy your three games rest and then come back scoring.
I have not been one of Bowman's biggest fans, but your post has made me introspective and I am now more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Bowman signed for us in Jan 2019 and I would guess he signed a 2.5 year deal which takes him to the end of this season.

This means he can go on a free at the end of the season.

Should be doing what we can to keep him or is it time to move on?
Bowman has signed a new contract as has Atangana. However; I'm led to believe that both signed on less money than they were previously on (probably due to the salary cap at the time of signing and COVID). Bowman signing was on the condition that if a club came in for him and were able to offer him more money then the club would let him go if the buying club met City's valuation. This would explain the interest in January.

From what I hear for City to sell they are asking for 100K.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman has signed a new contract as has Atangana. However; I'm led to believe that both signed on less money than they were previously on (probably due to the salary cap at the time of signing and COVID). Bowman signing was on the condition that if a club came in for him and were able to offer him more money then the club would let him go if the buying club met City's valuation. This would explain the interest in January.

And this news has filtered out over the pond easier than slipping around the county, interesting?

I'm hoping your news about Atangana is how did the Americans put it - Fake.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
And this news has filtered out over the pond easier than slipping around the county, interesting?

I guess we will see ;).

IndoMike

Must have gotten it from Pate USA, or a man in da pub in Queens.

IndoMike

I guess we will see ;).
Your story rings true.

budegrecian

I'm pretty sure it is true.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think there's a player in Atangana. We certainly haven't seen it this season but I still hold out hope for his time with us.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

I would love that to be true and many doubters will see his true value to our team in the next three games. We are extremely lucky that these games are Grimsby, Colchester and Crawley. I would hope another contract could be offered before the end of the season given his scoring record is imo extremely good for a target man