• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He often went missing......but eventually he knew way home from Timepiece.
And credit where credit's due... at least he had the class to go to Timepiece, rather than Rococo's, Unit 1, or Fever!

As an aside, I remember a pal of mine 'made the acquaintance' of Ronnie Jepson in Humphrey B's once – he tried telling her he was called Percy!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
How carp was Maynard for Newport tonight...he made Ajose look like a workaholic compared to the shift he put in.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
How carp was Maynard for Newport tonight...he made Ajose look like a workaholic compared to the shift he put in.
Knows how to get a man sent off though !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He often went missing......but eventually he knew way home from Timepiece.
Ah, the delights of the Exeter club scene. In the (not entirely joking) words of one of my student contemporaries back in the days of the Quay Club:

"If I'm not in bed by midnight, I go home" ;)

CC

Looking back at that 10/11 season, I don’t remember Logan getting anywhere near that many goals. I guess we were pretty lucky in terms of having Cureton and Harley firing away. How many did Nardiello get that season too?
I'm guessing that 10/11 season figures include some cups, because even good old Logie, legend that he was, can't have played 47 league games in a 46 game season (no Lg1 playoffs obviously).

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
From www.soccerbase.com:

2007-08 in the Conference: 19 goals in 46 appearances
2008-09 in League Two: 4 in 33
2009-10 in League One: 4 in 36
2010-11 in League One: 11 in 47
2011-12 in League One: 6 in 33
That’s a better goal/game record than Adam Stansfield had for us. (0.27 v 0.26 according to the goals/games stats on wiki)

Grecian Max

That’s a better goal/game record than Adam Stansfield had for us. (0.27 v 0.26 according to the goals/games stats on wiki)
Indeed, but Stanno wasn't as much about the goals for us as the running.

Reactions: Egg

arthur

Indeed, but Stanno wasn't as much about the goals for us as the running.
...and the awful "run after that Stanno" football that went with it.

Since Kellow have we really had an out and out successful goalscorer other than Cureton and, briefly, Stockley? Hoping that Ajose would be another always was a big hope......

budegrecian

...and the awful "run after that Stanno" football that went with it.

Since Kellow have we really had an out and out successful goalscorer other than Cureton and, briefly, Stockley? Hoping that Ajose would be another always was a big hope......
Dazza?? Steve Moran was also a pretty successful goalscorer in his time with us.

arthur

Dazza?? Steve Moran was also a pretty successful goalscorer in his time with us.
Yes, considered both of those. But neither in Curo's league when it comes to consistency imho ...