• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage v Exeter City Matchday Thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty of changes.

3 - 1 to city, Bowman x 2 and Seymour with one.

ECFC89

The Twitter abuse of Seymour is bad, ramped up recently too. Not good for a young player to be seeing that.
Totally agree. Twitter doesn’t give people a voice, it lets them bully a 19 year old to satisfy their own failings. You can have negative opinions on him as a football player, that’s going to happen, but the insults are embarrassing.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely no surprises, if they didn’t get off the bus they wouldn’t be able to play.
We've actually got a 100% record this season away from home in getting off the bus.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Totally agree. Twitter doesn’t give people a voice, it lets them bully a 19 year old to satisfy their own failings. You can have negative opinions on him as a football player, that’s going to happen, but the insults are embarrassing.
I can't see people @ing him?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I very much agree with laying off Seymour. He's young and hasn't played enough football for us to really have a definite opinion on him. In his last couple of appearances I thought there were flickers of promise as a player that can drift out wide and play with Bowman but let's see how he does tonight.

Grecianman135

Probably been taken down there was a lot of awful abuse to be honest

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Probably been taken down there was a lot of awful abuse to be honest
Don't believe so.

ECFC89

Doesn’t matter for me. On any post you can state how you wouldn’t start him, or you think he’s not good enough, or you’re disappointed to see him start but the name calling is pathetic. Grow up, he’s 20.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Doesn’t matter for me. On any post you can state how you wouldn’t start him, or you think he’s not good enough, or you’re disappointed to see him start but the name calling is pathetic. Grow up, he’s 20.
I haven't seen any name calling.

Ex-ciderrr

I agree. I include myself in being critical of the boy but tonight we need to be as supportive as possible and give him a chance just like our Manager has
echo that myself SJ (y) surprised he’s started, the windows shut and the lads got a chance to prove doubters, me included wrong.

I think we will get a result of sorts this evening. Just a little worried about the back 3. Hopefully see willmott for 20 mins or so.