• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Matchday Thread - Kick Off: 1.00PM

Ian Tarr

Sweeney's passing is a bit Marmite, probably more so than any other player we have.

We all know he can be frustrating at times, but when he gets it right his forward passing is often very incisive and accurate. For example his pass to MJ for the first goal. It made it easy for MJ to turn away from the defender, and the rest was history.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney's passing is a bit Marmite, probably more so than any other player we have.

We all know he can be frustrating at times, but when he gets it right his forward passing is often very incisive and accurate. For example his pass to MJ for the first goal. It made it easy for MJ to turn away from the defender, and the rest was history.
The thing I like about Sweenz is he doesn't hide. It doesn't always come off, but he does look to make an incisive pass if he can, rather than always go for the simple option.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Sweenz has always gone for quite high tariff forward passes rather than back and sideways more than most.

crocks

I feel that Sweeney is playing his best football in a long time.

Red Devon

I don’t know it this has been mentioned but apparently Stevenage manager Alex Revell was at home self isolating today.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with TPC that this formation is the best way of getting both Jay and Law in the same team and in positions that suit them well.
I thought Nicky Law really struggled to get into to the game until we changed formation after Page came on.

Ex-ciderrr

Despite 3 well taken goals it wasn’t a great match at all, albeit in tricky conditions with the bobbly pitch, wind and low sun. I thought we were pretty average on the whole until we got the 2nd. That said we’ve scored 3 at home and got 3 points when we’ve really needed it, we found a way to win and that should be a great confidence boost going into Tuesday (You’d hope).

Collins ran the show, Jay impressed me too. still unconvinced on hartridge, however if we are to play a 3 again in future I’d rather it continue to be him than McCardle.

Looked Baltic up the top of the main stand on the gantry.

Andy_H

Any highlights?

DawlishBouy

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights