• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
One concerning thing about the vaccine is that medical professionals do not know who is able to have the vaccine amongst the demographic who have a wide variety of medical conditions. For example, i am recently diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome which is an auto immune disorder. Yet nobody can say definitively if it's ok to have the vaccine or not. Understandably as the vaccine is new and there is no data. This can make people like myself averse to having the vaccine through no fault of our own. So we are in a position where we fear the vaccine and also fear the virus. In my case, i'd rather take my chance with Covid as it stands, until more data is available. However, if the virus mutates to the point of basically killing everyone who breathes then i'd have the vaccine.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The people who wrote the report saying the govt shouldn't have gone public as the data is nowhere near strong enough to make such a prediction.

More mixed messages
Were it that simple.
Had they not referenced the report some Berk of a journo would’ve found the report, confronted the Government with it and the other group of idiots would’ve accused the government of hiding the planned genocide of the British people. 🙄

Legohead

Banned
The briefing about the new variant and it's increased 'deadliness' was delivered by nervtag and the esteemed Neil Ferguson, who always gets things bang on the money. :sneaky:

Alistair20000

The briefing about the new variant and it's increased 'deadliness' was delivered by nervtag and the esteemed Neil Ferguson, who always gets things bang on the money. :sneaky:
It suited the Government narrative to play up the “additional threat” of the mutant. Scare ‘em to death has been the policy all the way through.

It beggars belief that Ferguson is allowed anywhere near advising Government given his record of serial errors in his “modelling”

Mr Jinx

One concerning thing about the vaccine is that medical professionals do not know who is able to have the vaccine amongst the demographic who have a wide variety of medical conditions. For example, i am recently diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome which is an auto immune disorder. Yet nobody can say definitively if it's ok to have the vaccine or not. Understandably as the vaccine is new and there is no data. This can make people like myself averse to having the vaccine through no fault of our own. So we are in a position where we fear the vaccine and also fear the virus. In my case, i'd rather take my chance with Covid as it stands, until more data is available. However, if the virus mutates to the point of basically killing everyone who breathes then i'd have the vaccine.
Well that's it. It's a game of risk. If you weigh up either side given your circumstances, one should win out.

The wife (anti vaxxer yet petrified of Covid) still hasn't worked out her winner yet.

Legohead

Banned
Well that's it. It's a game of risk. If you weigh up either side given your circumstances, one should win out.

The wife (anti vaxxer yet petrified of Covid) still hasn't worked out her winner yet.
It's not a game of risk though is it? As we're not allowed to make our own decisions based on the levels of risk we are willing to accept individually due to being locked down, the Government have decided this for us. They have decided that no risk is acceptable. This needs to change before we are to have any freedoms back whatsoever.

Once we are all in position to be able to live our lives based on the risks we are willing to take then this will be the point where life can get back to normal.

Sadly the Government are hellbent on taking these decisions out of our hands and treat us as criminals if we do. If this continues then what's the point in being alive, let alone voting Tory at the next election?

DB9

You do realise Lego that when you mention the name "Neil Ferguson" Al is likely to blow a fuse !!! 😂😂

IndoMike

It suited the Government narrative to play up the “additional threat” of the mutant. Scare ‘em to death has been the policy all the way through.

It beggars belief that Ferguson is allowed anywhere near advising Government given his record of serial errors in his “modelling”
You may or may not be right, Ali. But I have to ask why they would want to scare the folks unnecessarily.
PS. Judging by the numerous cases of people breaking the lockdown rules, they don't seem so scared to me.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may or may not be right, Ali. But I have to ask why they would want to scare the folks unnecessarily.
PS. Judging by the numerous cases of people breaking the lockdown rules, they don't seem so scared to me.
Think that's the issue Mike. There's a significant minority who aren't , to whom the Gov and Sage are directing their increasingly doomladen stuff to try and 'scare' them, but they have long since stopped listening so all it is doing is depressing the majority!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I went to Woking yesterday. Who knew going to Woking could be exciting!