• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

jrg333

Please be a 2 year contract so we can move on.
It's kind of crazy that we don't know the length of his contract. Unfortunately on Football Manager, which is rarely wrong, his contract does not expire until June 2022. (He's also our highest or second highest paid player in the game.)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's kind of crazy that we don't know the length of his contract. Unfortunately on Football Manager, which is rarely wrong, his contract does not expire until June 2022. (He's also our highest or second highest paid player in the game.)
What relevance is a spurious figure quoted on Football Manager got to do with reality ?

Langer

The whole situations got a bad smell about it to me I won’t voice my full opinion on it as I can’t back it up with evidence it’s just a gut feeling but I think you guys can read between the lines.

grecIAN Harris

Yes I forgot about Forte - he was a good player and we were unfortunate with his injury - but apart from those two it's not been great. Lee Martin was disappointing, as are Fisher and Ajose. Wilson and Abrahams didn't pull up any trees either.

I don't really buy this. We were in poor form (one win in five) and our 53 goals were considerably less than the top three. Had our much-hyped marquee signing of that pre-season proved successful, we'd have scored enough goals to go up. Instead it was left largely up to Bowman with others chipping in and we fell short.
Lee Martin isn't, wasn't and never will be a striker. Taylor's only failure there was trying to play him as one.

jrg333

What relevance is a spurious figure quoted on Football Manager got to do with reality ?
I think you mean 'has' rather than 'is' there, old chum. And calling Football Manager's data 'spurious' simply provides a further example of your ignorance.

Have a nice evening though.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sold him in the first transfer window on FM. The board and fans were happy.

Banksy

I sold him in the first transfer window on FM. The board and fans were happy.
Surprised you managed to get something for him.😀

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hate to say it but I signed Stockley on loan that season too, won the league then signed Stockley on a permanent transfer the following season and currently top Lesgue 1.
If Matty T needs any pointers....

suffolklad

Frankly i'm fed up hearing about Ajose. He's done nothing since he arrived and he ain't doing nothing before he leaves, so just forget it for christ's sake.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you mean 'has' rather than 'is' there, old chum. And calling Football Manager's data 'spurious' simply provides a further example of your ignorance.

Have a nice evening though.
Things may have changed, but, as I recall, in the past the creators of FM used to advertise for [well-informed] supporters of lower-division clubs to help them out with this data.

I guess at most clubs information such as contract-length and, to a lesser extent, who the most highly thought of youngsters are is in the public domain, hence FM gets a lot of this stuff right.

However, at a club such as Exeter, which keeps contract details very much to itself, I struggle to see how the data can be much more than the same sort of best guess we might have on here.