• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forget where I sourced this

"What do Argentina’s Lionel Messi and Diego Maradona and Brazil’s Pele have in common besides being international superstars and most likely in the Top 10 list of all-time soccer greats? They are all short.
Messi is 5′ 6.5″
Maradona is 5′ 5″
Pele is 5′ 8″
I hate it when I hear coaches place so much emphasis on size and height. Emphasis on speed I can understand. I also think height is important for a goalie. But to dismiss or overlook a player because of his/her physical stature is a huge mistake. Size does not matter!

Over the years, I have found many reasons why size is not important:

Shorter players have a lower center of gravity, making it much easier to dribble, make fakes and feints, and change direction.
Never underestimate the toughness of a short player. These players are usually tougher and more physical than taller players".
Surprised Pele is so short, I knew the other 2 were knee high to a grasshopper but always thought of Pele as being taller.

MJ can be no taller than 5ft 4" and certainly has the skills to play higher.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wiki says Jay is 5'10" !!

😀

Perhaps it's tougher to make it as a shorter footballer, so only the exceptionally gifted ever do.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

😀
Hahaha no chance

Legohead

Banned
Just seen the highlights from the Bolton game. Some exquisite stuff there from Matty! Such a shame Bowman couldn't convert that chance he had first half when he hit the post after more dynamic Jay stuff.

IndoMike

Surprised Pele is so short, I knew the other 2 were knee high to a grasshopper but always thought of Pele as being taller.

MJ can be no taller than 5ft 4" and certainly has the skills to play higher.
Pele had one helluva leap on him, no matter what his height.
Was brutalised out of the 1966 by Hungary : they kicked the shyte out of him. IIRC he couldn't finish the game.

jrg333

😀
...they must have used the height listed in his Tinder profile!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is 178cm...which is 5'10

Colesman Ballz

He is 178cm...which is 5'10

Yeah but what about when he is not wearing his stilettos ? :cool:

Grecian Max

Hahahaha https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/joel-randall/

Joel Randall is a cm shorter than Matt Jay?! Or the same height as Page? That height is deffo wrong :ROFLMAO:

The bloke is 5 7" maximum, and that's coming from a short man haha