• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why should Alexander the Great going for a cycle ride of at least 15 miles be in any way newsworthy? That's a fairly modest distance after all and would only take about an hour in flat London. It's almost as if people can't believe he could or would cycle that far. Such cynicism...
Such nonsense about it today..I thought Peston was going to have a orgasm about it,he looked so excited mentioning it..

Grecian2K

Why should Alexander the Great going for a cycle ride of at least 15 miles be in any way newsworthy? That's a fairly modest distance after all and would only take about an hour in flat London. It's almost as if people can't believe he could or would cycle that far. Such cynicism...
Quite.
Now if he'd managed to pedal all the way to Barnard Castle......

IndoMike

A spiffing rant by Corey Forrester against Trump and the perpetrators of the Capitol siege last week. (Corey apologizes to Exeweb for the bad language)

Mr Jinx

Yes, but we've gone beyond peak snooperism, so not entirely unexpected.

The Mail, for one, is all over the place on it. It can't decide whether it is pro-lockdown or anti. Yesterday, it was quick to publish an article about a woman that got forcibly moved off a bench by 3 policemen. Anti-lockdown. But then it found out it was duped, so it quickly published articles rubbishing the woman (who was an anti-lockdown protester), so it became very quickly pro-lockdown. Similarly, it publishes articles by one of its editors, Piers Morgan, decrying those that defy lockdowns (e.g. Rita Ora)...the next week it's splashing with articles of Mr Morgan outdoors in proximity to others without a mask. Cue delirium.

And it's not just the Mail. I hate the MSM.

DB9

Yes, but we've gone beyond peak snooperism, so not entirely unexpected.

The Mail, for one, is all over the place on it. It can't decide whether it is pro-lockdown or anti. Yesterday, it was quick to publish an article about a woman that got forcibly moved off a bench by 3 policemen. Anti-lockdown. But then it found out it was duped, so it quickly published articles rubbishing the woman (who was an anti-lockdown protester), so it became very quickly pro-lockdown. Similarly, it publishes articles by one of its editors, Piers Morgan, decrying those that defy lockdowns (e.g. Rita Ora)...the next week it's splashing with articles of Mr Morgan outdoors in proximity to others without a mask. Cue delirium.

And it's not just the Mail. I hate the MSM.
If you hate the MSN, Where do you get your considered reliable news from then?

arthur

The Guardian when it has stories about Labour splits:cool:

Mr Jinx

I hate all supermarkets too, but guess where I do most of my shopping. Just because you use something doesn't mean you can't hate it.

I do have limits however. Terrestrial TV news channels (and Sky News) are now off limits chez nous. Chomping at the bit for the new GB News.

Last edited:

DB9

I hate all supermarkets too, but guess where I do most of my shopping. Just because you use something doesn't mean you can't hate it.

I do have limits however. Terrestrial TV News Channels (and Sky News) are now off limits chez nous.
No it doesn't, Just I think there are so many out there, Especially online and a lot of them are funded by people with agendas, Whether that be left or right. The US is a "Good" example of that.

Mr Jinx

No it doesn't, Just I think there are so many out there, Especially online and a lot of them are funded by people with agendas, Whether that be left or right. The US is a "Good" example of that.
Indeed. I only glance over the free ones now, primarily being the Guardian and the Mail. I do the occasional free trial with the Telegraph which I much prefer, but their mobile app is rubbish. I did have a free subscription for the FT, but gave up on that a couple of years ago due to its rabid Remain agenda.

arthur

Chomping at the bit for the new GB News.
Yes, just what we need. A news channel free to publish whatever conspiracy theories it likes on the grounds that it is meeting a customer need. This model has worked so well in America that I don't know why we didn't adopt it sooner