• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

They weren’t COVID ravaged....

Pobbop

They had 4 on the bench, seems quite ravaged.

older-codger

Just want them down the road to win tonight and make the day :mad::sick::(

suffolklad

Some of the comments on here are a joke.

I'm not afraid to be critical however some on here need to get a grip.

We were playing against a championship outfit, they are far better than us and should be beating us.

Whilst perhaps we could have done better we were far from woeful given the context of the game.
Get real ?????? we were poor far far to slow and lacking any pace in moving the ball We need to be much slicker.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
A very hacked off Matt Taylor talking to Radio Devon

suffolklad

Just want them down the road to win tonight and make the day :mad::sick::(
Don't care what they do never have!

Albumen

Amazing to read people that thought losing to Liverpool at Anfield was a horrible performance, thinking losing to a covid-ravaged bottom of the table Championship side at home, needs to be looked at with perspective.

Both horrid BTW.
I’m not sure if I’m reading your message correctly... but Sheff Wednesday weren’t ravaged by Covid.

Grecian Max

We haven't played in 2 weeks and I thought it showed, looked rusty. Some nice transitions and we seemed more of a unit than Wednesday but they had superior quality in front of goal.

Nothing to be particularly worried about and given our games in hand in L2, it's not really a bad thing we're out.

chunkymorrinmunter

A very hacked off Matt Taylor talking to Radio Devon
Said Williams injured

Grecian Max

I’m not sure if I’m reading your message correctly... but Sheff Wednesday weren’t ravaged by Covid.
Indeed, most of their first team played.

Bit weird to compare the Anfield performance. That was a mad set of decisions where we chucked any chance of competing, today we were beaten 2-0 by a team 2 divisions above having not played for 2 weeks, but more importantly we put a strong team out at least looking to get a result.