• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Talking to a mate earlier about all this vaccine thing and apparently Pifzer have been given protection from legal action by the Government and also the boss of Pifzer has yet to explain why they need protection from legal action.

Anyone heard this or is this just more BS ? (to add it was in the Independent apparently)

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are supposed to be doing weekly testing of everyone, and daily testing of close contacts of those testing positive - to save sending them home for 14 days as now. 2 big problems are space and staff.

Space wise you need a big area to do it - testing 1700 kids is not easy. Anyone tested has to wait for 20 minutes for the result, and then of course if they test positive, be further moved somewhere else until they can be collected. Staff aren't being provided so most schools have asked for volunteers but they all need to be checked. Plus we need to get consent from parents.

It is a mess, of course.
I reckon if we have to test infant school children a lot of parents will say no thanks and stay away.

iscalad

Talking to a mate earlier about all this vaccine thing and apparently Pifzer have been given protection from legal action by the Government and also the boss of Pifzer has yet to explain why they need protection from legal action.

Anyone heard this or is this just more BS ? (to add it was in the Independent apparently)
Reported 3 weeks ago

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Reported 3 weeks ago
Sorry must have missed it , So was the article true or not ?

DB9

Sorry must have missed it , So was the article true or not ?
Haven't seen it anywhere else, Seems like no other media outlets have picked it up.

Mr Jinx

Probably protection from those that still die of Covid after having taken their vaccine. There will be some I'm sure.

Mr Jinx

I reckon if we have to test infant school children a lot of parents will say no thanks and stay away.
Have them keep their kids at home until they let them be tested. Simples.

DB9

Probably protection from those that still die of Covid after having taken their vaccine. There will be some I'm sure.
Unfortunatly with a population of 65m+ there will be some anomolies, That is the way of all medication.

tavyred

A fortnight ago when daily cases in Germany had risen to 20k, Merkel swiftly locked down Germany for Christmas - today's new cases down to 5k.

Meanwhile, the UK leadership fully aware of its unique highly infectious CV strain pissasses around with its ridiculous tier system - today's new cases = 41k +
Both countries following the time honoured pattern of rising infections lockdown, infections go down, lift lockdown and repeat.
Standby Elgy for another U.K.lockdown in January.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Discussion now about tier 5. Not sure what else they'll do to lock us down!