• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Harrogate Town Matchday Thread

Albumen

Results haven’t been too unkind tonight. Can’t expect to smash teams every week.

We need to buy a new centre half: Tonight was poor.

ps... I’m firmly in the ‘booing is for twats’ club.

Our central defence continues to be an unsolved problem.
I agree the defence needs to be sorted out but is just the central defence that is the problem. Some of the goals at Cheltenham came from wide deliveries from the right.

Well we are not good enough are we? It is all right scoring loads of goals but you need to keep clean sheets at the other end. I suppose at least it is entertaining but I want to see us progress not stand still year after year.
Progress? 😂 not a word in the Exeter City vocabulary that I know about. Not in the last 25 years of watching them for me anyway!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feels like we have been flying yet we are only 3 points above 11th and 6 points above 15th.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Poor. Hartridge especially. Nothing else worth saying.

Results haven’t been too unkind tonight. Can’t expect to smash teams every week.

We need to buy a new centre half: Tonight was poor.

ps... I’m firmly in the ‘booing is for twats’ club.
I agree but a 1-0 win would have done. We conceded two goals for the umpteenth time this season. This was an important game as we now have no game this Saturday. Very predictable result though imo.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
After the lord mayors show.....sadly

ECFC89

Three points above 11th. No one particularly special in this league. One of many teams who may or may not be there come the end of the season. Dissect it all we want, we are three points above 11th placed. No ones form or football is particularly special.

I bet Matt Taylor is raging in that dressing room right now about that defending 😂

ECFC89

Could I also make a plea to mods to keep this as a football forum and anyone who wants to pretend that BLM is a marxist organisation or that anyone who voted Brexit is a racist kindly move to a forum of a different sorts.
That isn't shutting down important political discussions, but the matchday thread is not the place for it.