• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Youth Cup: City vs Bournemouth. Match day thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
U16's, U18's, First team.... Has there ever been a better time to be a City supporter?
Fantastic.
Dont forget the women!

STURTZ

The main commentator was quality. Really knowledgeable and insight. Way better than what we get on radio Devon
I found the long slurping sniffs to be a bit offputting!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I found the long slurping sniffs to be a bit offputting!
Covid ?

Martin Weiler

The main commentator was quality. Really knowledgeable and insight. Way better than what we get on radio Devon
That’s Chris McPhee - he’s Head Coach of the Under 16s so knows the lads playing well and has inside track on our great Academy.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I only saw the goals but they could have been first team goals from the way they were built up. Only the slightness of the players gave it away that it was an U18 game.
Clearly the 'School of Science' that we have through the age groups into the first team is embedded.

Well played boys, hope you get a big draw in an PL stadium in R4.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s Chris McPhee - he’s Head Coach of the Under 16s so knows the lads playing well and has inside track on our great Academy.
If we can keep the current coaching team we will produce consistent future players who can all play the way the first team plays.
Well done Raddy & Taggy for your foresight all those years ago.
The Futures Bright the Futures Grecian !
UTC

dontpassback

The youngster are doing us proud,and long may it continue UTC !

STURTZ

Love my club!

DawlishBouy

Argyle and Cheltenham were complete and utter nonentities compared to this Bournemouth team. This was an absolutely stunning performance and victory, probably as good as anything ever produced by an ECFC youth team.

Grecian Max

Argyle and Cheltenham were complete and utter nonentities compared to this Bournemouth team. This was an absolutely stunning performance and victory, probably as good as anything ever produced by an ECFC youth team.
It was a hard fought victory, I enjoyed it. Must be remembered that Bournemouth are in the same Youth Alliance League (currently top) as City so I wouldn't go as far to say stunning as AFCB haven't used their PL time build an elite academy or anything.

Hope to see an interesting draw in the 4th round, a round we've rarely made at this level.