• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town V Exeter City Match Day Thread Tuesday 1st December 2020 7.00 p.m. kick off

cambmike

Have we got a Goalkeeper for Pete to comment on?

Jökull Andrésson

@JokullAndresson
· Nov 28
My time is now up with @OfficialECFC I just wanted to thank the manager, all the staff, all the players for the wonderful time that I had, thanks to all the fans for the lovely messages.. Couldn’t be happier to end it on a massive win.. All the best for the rest of the season

Red circle

White circle

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know whether it's possible to pause the match on iFollow, or even start it late from the beginning?
You can rewind on it so, yeh

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Currently lying in fifth, a win tonight could elevate us up to second with other results going our way, although looking at the fixtures not overly confident of that happening

Newport (who we can't catch) are away to the Vegans (who we can catch), ideally a draw tonight would claw the exiles back within our grasp (although they do have a game in hand on us as well)
Cheltenham are also away but to Bradford, so unlikely turnover of the form book, but it does happen look at the mighty Grecians at Valley parade, anything other than a win for Cheltenham and we could go above them if we win tonight
Cambridge are playing tomorrow night at home to Moneybags Town so again another unlikely upset but .......

All this of course dependent on the mighty Grecians winning against the team that broke our unbeaten streak last year at SJP.

I follow booked, beer in fridge, roll on 7 o'clock

thermopylai

Does anyone know whether it's possible to pause the match on iFollow, or even start it late from the beginning?
Yes, I do it quite often - which is necessary with putting kid to bed etc! Best to pause the game at kick off. It does sometimes have some buffering problems, but generally it works fine.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Newport (who we can't catch)........

Must be the surprise of the season them being up there and everyone chasing them.
Come on City narrow the gap.👍👍👍

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are going great guns at the moment, but it is a marathon not a sprint .....

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listing those clubs got me thinking, if we thought staying in the fourth division was bad this year OMG what about next. All our "localish" clubs are up in the play off zone or above, (Vegans, Exiles and Cheltenham even Leyton Orient with a trip to London) you then look at what is at the foot of the third division Wigan Burton Shrewsbury Bristol Rovers (although you would imagine Tis might pull something out of the hat) Rochdale so even less southern than this year potentially. We do need to get out of this division (autos please)

ryancooper327

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted, decent shot stopper however he won't come for the crosses the Ice Man was coming for. He's often glued to his line when balls come into the box.

Anyone know when Ward is likely to be back ?

I think this will be a tough game, Grimsby are underachieving imho.

Steve H

Let's hope Maxted is fully fit... shame we couldn't prolong the emergency loan for one more week