• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham vs City FA Cup 2nd Rd MDT

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
A good benchmark for City. Based on that performance, City would have nothing to fear in L1

Pobbop

I'd be really happy for Hartridge to play more games, with experience he'll get better. In the end covid is depressing, but Randall said it gave him a chance, now Martin going may have given Hartridge a chance, again we obviously knew they had talent, but maybe we'd have played a bit safer in normal circumstances.

The future is bright, the future is red and white.

Rosencrantz

Some photos from Gillingham's side of things. Only posted for one of the pics. Can you guess which one?

Trapdoor

what an ugly, overweight scottish scumbag he is.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last time we got this far it ended with an insipid display against West Brom. Whoever we draw next I'll be happy that MT is the man taking us into the tie.

Bring it on !
That was really annoying. WBA were rock-bottom of the Prem playing terribly under Alan Pardew and yet we gave them way too much respect.

MT seems to get us fired up more for big games - MK Dons and Argyle at home being good examples.

jrg333

(haven't seen these posted)
Highlights: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55072335

Grecian Max

Wow! That was a superb performance today. Five changes, so a second string central defence etc. We have as strong a second eleven as I can ever remember.
I really feared for us, especially when hearing that on form League One Gillingham were playing their first choice XI with just one enforced change from Tuesday.
I didn't tbh... we have a League One team in waiting. Evans is an idiot but he was right with that statement.

Our strength in depth is unbelievable - in almost every position if we lose a player we can replace with an equally good player or at least a better than average L2 player.

Joel Randall is something else, and yes although we were sloppy at the back again, we attack with such urgency and threat it doesn't matter. In recent weeks we have been so good winning the second ball. I had pondered whether this is helped by having a relatively young side - the energy shown is outstanding, constantly pressing and harassing the opposition.

This side is as good as I've seen in City colours as a UNIT bar probably 10/11 season. So dangerous down both flanks. What an exciting time to be a City fan, such a shame we haven't been able to see it in person.

Grecian Max

It’s not that ridiculous. I don’t think there’s a lot to choose between Taylor, Nige and Collins. Admittedly Taylor’s on form at the minute... but that’s the beauty of a good squad.
My preference would be to play Atangana instead of Taylor but tbf JT has been excellent in recent weeks and is a great captain. I prefer Nige in with Collins as it frees him a bit more but the set up we have is working.

I still can't believe I look at the side, out best formation and struggle to work out where to fit Law, my favourite City player!

sign of the chimes

Far from it, he speaks well in interviews.
To be fair, he had quite a lot of experience of 'interviews' in relation to his tenure at Boston United, suspect his conviction and suspended sentence taught him to pick his words well.

Good result for you today. Hope you manage to get a decent draw, at home to a PL side and the associated TV money.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
(haven't seen these posted)
Highlights: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55072335
Is there somewhere that overseas supporters can view highlights?