• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Scientists have consistently said that the risk of outdoor transmission is minimal. Now they are even suggesting that you keep a window open AT HOME due to the risk of the virus circulating in your living room.
All shops are allowed to open, even pubs likely in our tier.
Too right that they are letting people back to stadiums, and not a moment too soon.
PS I wonder if the option to stand in the SJR will be available for the Big Bankers..

Trapdoor

4k or 50% whichever is smaller as I understand it. So 4k for us, that would go a long way to stabilising the clubs finances.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully this is the big step forward that we and all clubs need. 4,000 at sjp will be nearly normal. Utilise the away end for home fans and we can do 4,000 safely. Just need to get the tickets ordered

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I want for Xmas is a ticket to ECFC v FGR, a couple of pints from Fecrace and a Hog Roast Bap

That's it

Red Bill

Bristol isn't in the South West
I wouldn't recommend you say that in Bristol!

It's a highly contagious virus that no one had antibodies to - it was always going to kill thousands. Most European countries have fared similarly and experience the same sort of curve despite differences in approach. Please don't chuck in NZ as an example of "how to do it" they are an island with a totally different climate.
For the record and to keep this on thread, I look forward to returning to SJP at the earliest possible opportunity - although I won't be calling in at the pub or stopping over at my elderly parents' house for a meal on the way to the ground. But I can't let the line go that the UK has fared no better or worse than other European nations in relation to the pandemic.
Earlier in the month the UK recorded its 50,000th Covid death. This places us 5th in the world. Only USA, India, Brazil and Mexico have recorded higher totals. However we are only the world's 21st largest by population.
In terms of European comparison, we are the first nation to have reached 50,000 (now 54,751 as of 23 Nov) deaths. Germany (larger population than UK) had recorded just 14,112 by the same date. France (larger population than UK) has had 48,732 deaths and Italy (slightly smaller population than UK) has had 49,823.
To use a familiar phrase: we really are world beating.

All stats from European Centre for Disease and Prevention Control

Colesman Ballz

Well I just hope we get "our fix" of footy before the students return in January, send our "R Number " rocketing, and we are shut down again ! :(

Spoonz Red E

4k or 50% whichever is smaller as I understand it. So 4k for us, that would go a long way to stabilising the clubs finances.
I doubt it would be 4k for us - there'll still be a social distancing requirement (outdoors is safer but people will be in the same positions for almost 2 hours).
So it'll be 4k maximum even for those clubs with greater than 8k capacity and who could conceivably seat more than 4k with social distancing.
We wouldn't hit 4k with social distancing.

IBA

I wouldn't recommend you say that in Bristol!
Of course it's in the South West have you heard the accent.

Red Devon

I doubt it would be 4k for us - there'll still be a social distancing requirement (outdoors is safer but people will be in the same positions for almost 2 hours).
So it'll be 4k maximum even for those clubs with greater than 8k capacity and who could conceivably seat more than 4k with social distancing.
We wouldn't hit 4k with social distancing.
Colchester chairman Robbie Cowling on the radio this morning saying they’re going to be taking a cautious approach to see what works and increasing attendances slowly up to the maximum permitted rather than jumping straight in with the maximum!

Status
Not open for further replies.