• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also that season often gets the rose-tinted treatment. We rose up the table towards the end with the play off teams sorted and everyone else at the beach...

Remember playing Rovers away and we took the **** but their players were clearly not arsed having finished mid table, safe and nothing to play for. We were never in danger of play offs

And then of course it all fell apart with some terrible signings. A truly great manager would have kept us up instead of wasting money on no marks like Bauza.

Trapdoor

He told some of the young snowflakes to do one so he's alright in my book. ;)

Grecian Max

Funny that, the claim at the time was the messiah didn't do anything :sneaky:

Grecian Max

Tisdale, probably the biggest snowflake to work for City of course

Grecianpasty

JOINT highest
JOINT greatest manager than.

I can be receptive.

Grecian Max

The thing is, I could accept your point if he'd gone in 2011. But he didn't. He took us backwards (including a weak as **** relegation in 2012) and dangerously close to the non league again all the while alienating fans and seeing a large reduction in attendances that one point meant we had to cover ourselves with a loan from the PFA.

It really isn't all about that 8th spot. To be a great requires more than that.

grecIAN Harris

Argue what you like about his first team but one thing's for sure. The vision he shared with Taggy about developing and improving our academy and facilities is what is bank rolling the club. Grimes, Watkins, Ampadu in the bank, along with the likes of Sercs, Nicholls, Pym and the kids in the first team squad at the moment on the pitch. No doubt there will be those of you who will want to deny it but without the structure that was implemented by Tisdale and Tagg most those players wouldn't have happened.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would agree, but try telling City of Bath that they're not part of the Cotswolds and there would be uproar. And I think Biddestone is just within the Cotswold AONB.
All this talk of the Cotswolds will make PT nervous. Last time he was in Gloucestershire, somebody rolled him down a hill.

iscalad

JOINT greatest manager than.

I can be receptive.
How does he compare on cup runs with Brian Godfrey?
I can be pedantic 🙂

Grecianpasty

How does he compare on cup runs with Brian Godfrey?
I can be pedantic 🙂
Beats me! I don't know who the bloke is.