• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

sign of the chimes

The fans on the MK Dons forum don't seem too fond of The Cheese.
y g
Regardless of anyone's opinions of Paul Tisdale on here or anywhere else, thank f--- none of us are associated with MK. I think the supporter reaction to them happening stopped it becoming normalised and I'm very grateful for that.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was lost on most of the youngsters on here, Spoonzy, but Tis has always been a Professional for me.
He has a Gentle Touch management style for sure.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Malcs seems to think it amusing to invent quaint names for Biddestone, which is a smartish South Cotswoldy village in itself, though far too close to Chippenham to be thought of as posh.
I'm sure we've discussed this before but as someone who used to have family connections to the area, most locals would say Biddestone is the wrong side of the M4 to be part of the Cotswolds. As for Tis, I'm amazed that he's found a League One club willing to give him a two and half year contract but maybe in his year off he has re-discovered what made him so successful earlier in his career.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Prepare to loose some of our academy stars & coaches !
Tully is the only one I can think of who might possibly move.

StroudGrecian

I'm sure we've discussed this before but as someone who used to have family connections to the area, most locals would say Biddestone is the wrong side of the M4 to be part of the Cotswolds.
I would agree, but try telling City of Bath that they're not part of the Cotswolds and there would be uproar. And I think Biddestone is just within the Cotswold AONB.

Grecianpasty

No one can deny he is our best ever manager. To take us from the position we where in the conference to our highest ever position was unbelievable, whilst giving us some of the best ever moments as city fans. With that said, the game has changed very quickly, particularly without fans in the stadium. He will not be supported now in the same way that he was at MK.

If he succeeds it will be because he has been given the time to.

tonykellowfan

Terry Cooper for me.

Grecian Max

No one can deny he is our best ever manager
Never won a league, never took us on a cup run (or anywhere near the Quarters), got us promoted from level we'd never sunk to before yes and probably his best achievement was promotion from L2. Followed that up by being relegated again, having one of the worst ever home record (at one point 3 wins in an entire calendar year), at least 4 years of mediocre to almost disastrous L2 performances including almost going back down to the Conference. His promotion in 2010 was 10 years ago.

All done in a period of time no other manager will get a chance at. Many points during his career with us I think he should have walked but refused because of bumper contract.

iscalad

No one can deny he is our best ever manager. To take us from the position we where in the conference to our highest ever position was unbelievable, whilst giving us some of the best ever moments as city fans. With that said, the game has changed very quickly, particularly without fans in the stadium. He will not be supported now in the same way that he was at MK.

If he succeeds it will be because he has been given the time to.
I think they can deny it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was Tisdale's overall win percentage whilst managing us ?