• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

Fareham Grecian

It will be interesting to see the ifollow subscription numbers for Saturday.They will give a true(ish) gauge about how popular the service is for supporters.
I see what you mean, but I’m not convinced it will; for example, I have paid to watch every league game so far and loved it, living in Edinburgh with very few chances to attend matches. But I won’t be watching on Sat - early cup rounds have little interest.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see what you mean, but I’m not convinced it will; for example, I have paid to watch every league game so far and loved it, living in Edinburgh with very few chances to attend matches. But I won’t be watching on Sat - early cup rounds have little interest.
I'd watch for a fiver, a tenner is too much IMO.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd watch for a fiver, a tenner is too much IMO.
Suppose with revenue split between the clubs it wouldn't be worth showing at a fiver

Oldsmobile-88

It’s hard to say what the right pitch for the price of ifollow should be for the FAC.
The FAC certainly does not have the interest it had years ago,for many well documented reasons.
It looks like ifollow is here for the foreseeable future for UK subscribers on a Saturday,so it certainly needs to be priced & marketed with a bit of thought rather than assuming a large percentage of fans will pay whatever.

budegrecian

A tenner is good value as far as I'm concerned.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pricing tickets for FA Cup games to optimise turnout and overall revenue is a nightmare at the best of times. You also have to agree the prices with the other team. I spent a lot of time a few years ago researching what the market would bear and what other lower league clubs did, for the Club's Gates Committee, and produced a template / methodology, but events since have I suspect made this redundant.

That said, I doubt if there was scope for charging anything other than £10 for this game.

denzel

Suppose with revenue split between the clubs it wouldn't be worth showing at a fiver
It is if twice as many people watch it.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is if twice as many people watch it.
Trouble is, that's a big "if".

Based on FA Cup attendances in recent years the answer is probably "no". Would [say] 1,000 people change their plans to save £5?, especially as it is taken directly from your card and is therefore not seen as "real money" - lots of research evidence on this.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I know I'm old and completely doolally, but (a) I don't get people no longer having any interest in the early rounds of the FA Cup (in some cases any round) and (b) objecting to a tenner to watch it. Frankly both scenarios amaze me.

denzel

I know I'm old and completely doolally, but (a) I don't get people no longer having any interest in the early rounds of the FA Cup (in some cases any round) and (b) objecting to a tenner to watch it. Frankly both scenarios amaze me.
Let me explain. It's not watching it. Its watching it on ifollow, which is different.
I've no objection to pay more than a tenner to watch in the flesh.