• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League to assist lower leagues

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
England's cricketers have agreed a 15% pay cut for 12 months.

Oh that our top footballers could agree the same. Imagine if every PL player did that, how much "solidarity" money could be freed up, and mascots kept in employment.

Hey Ho.

Fareham Grecian

lamrobhero

A date for your diary
  • Rick Parry Chairman at English Football League
  • Richard Masters Chief Executive at English Premier League
  • Greg Clarke Chairman at The Football Association
will be appearing before the Digital Culture Media & Sport Committee on Tuesday 10th November 2020 @ 0930.
Probably on Parliament TV via Parliamnet website.
Quote from perss release: "Football chiefs Richard Masters and Rick Parry have been called in by the DCMS Committee over the delay in reaching a deal to secure the future of Championship and lower league clubs, following several months of failed negotiations."

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
A date for your diary
  • Rick Parry Chairman at English Football League
  • Richard Masters Chief Executive at English Premier League
  • Greg Clarke Chairman at The Football Association
will be appearing before the Digital Culture Media & Sport Committee on Tuesday 10th November 2020 @ 0930.
Probably on Parliament TV via Parliamnet website.
Quote from perss release: "Football chiefs Richard Masters and Rick Parry have been called in by the DCMS Committee over the delay in reaching a deal to secure the future of Championship and lower league clubs, following several months of failed negotiations."
While it will be interesting to see how this unfolds, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Of course, the Premier League has a moral obligation to help out the lower leagues and one would hope that it recognises that. At the same time, I don't really see that it's got anything to do with the government, which, it seems to me, is only getting involved so the burden doesn't fall on it.

Seems a bit rich to me for the government to be insisting the Premier League fulfil it's moral obligation while simultaneously turning a blind eye to the tax affairs of companies such as Amazon and Google.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
So many people must be desparately hoping that some angel is going to descend from the heavens and liberally sprinkle cash on clubs that will remain intrisically untenable' not going to happen I'm afraid, unless it's at a terrible price. I daresay there are dozens of club owners that are at their limit now and there's no end in sight for this thing yet. We own our club and I'm pleased to say that we are showing the way that clubs can become sustainable even if we are so reliant on that Ollie money.

Play the kids!

DB9

So many people must be desparately hoping that some angel is going to descend from the heavens and liberally sprinkle cash on clubs that will remain intrisically untenable' not going to happen I'm afraid, unless it's at a terrible price. I daresay there are dozens of club owners that are at their limit now and there's no end in sight for this thing yet. We own our club and I'm pleased to say that we are showing the way that clubs can become sustainable even if we are so reliant on that Ollie money.

Play the kids!
Problem with your statement Sturtz is your seeing any help a club gets is for their "Black Hole" of a money casam but its not, The help or bailout if there is one is purely for loss of matchday income, It wont be for this, That or the other but for what they've lost through the turnstiles etc from matchday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Revised offer to be discussed on Thursday.

iscalad

Revised offer to be discussed on Thursday.
Fingers crossed 🤞 then

denzel

STURTZ

Doubt we are in "significant covid related distress" so don't think we'd get anything.