• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A 5 week lockdown in the Republic of Ireland,obviously not going down well with retailers there though Schools will remain open.

A similar pattern to the rest of the British Isles,high Covid positive test results with low mortality rates compared to April.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anti maskers upset with Gary Lineker not wearing a mask. Funny as feck :D

DB9

Sure why not. We have a spare room. Are you any good at gardening?
To get back to Devon I'll make sure I am.! 👍

DB9

I'm not anti mask at all, Lineker wrote online a while back about people not wanting to wear one and how snowflake it was to complain about wearing one then he's photographed in M&S not wearing one while shopping, I treat that as the same contempt when Matt Hancock was photographed in the back of his limousine not wearing one when Government has said in all Government vehicles passengers must wear a mask. Two people, Same arrogant attitude, One rule for them..... Etc.

DB9

I don't know if some of you remember that i told you my daughter lost her job during the lockdown when she couldn't go back to work after being on Furlough because of childcare issues, Well about an hour ago she has just txt me to say that she has been writing a childrens book taking influence from her three little girls and she has got a letter from a publisher to say they want to publish it and have given her a contract too, Its still very new to me and i am wanting to share this because i am so so proud of her for doing this, She kept it quiet but wrote it during lockdown. I hope this is just the start for her, She has other ideas and i think she is thinking of making a series about the characters, Its mainly for smaller childern since hers are between two and ten. Not strickly lockdown but its because of it, It gave her the idea.

Mr Jinx

Nothing to do with the masks, it's the pontificating double standards from the man. As if we'd expect any different from him.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nothing to do with the masks, it's the pontificating double standards from the man. As if we'd expect any different from him.
It might actually have been an error. You know, we're all humans, or is your dislike of the man (because of his politics) clouding your judgement?

tavyred

It might actually have been an error. You know, we're all humans, or is your dislike of the man (because of his politics) clouding your judgement?
He’s apologised for his ‘senior moment’ in not wearing his mask, it happens.
Always satisfying to see a holier than though virtue signaller like him feck up though.

angelic upstart

Agreed, imagine how ridiculous it would look if the PM or a president of a major country contracted Covid and was hospitalised.

tavyred

I can’t help but think that Mayor Burnham has overplayed his hand a tad.
You don’t grandstand in a national health emergency.
Dan Jarvis shows the mad Scouser how you behave in serious times like this.