• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cambridge United FC Matchday thread.

Albumen

This Bowman debate is painful...

We’ve got 7 points from a very tricky start to the campaign. Goals and starts for lots of promising youngsters.
Our first clean sheet yesterday.
a solid defence.
Creating plenty of chances.
Law, Atangana and Caprice yet to have an impact.
Williams just warming up.
Watkins money in reserve.
And all that when plenty of people on here thought we would struggle. I’m buzzin
It’s all good.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, it’s tough at the moment as interviews have to be distanced and we are using a clip on mic for the interviewee so that you can hear them clearly in the conditions, we will try and source a solution but we try our hardest to do as much as we can and offer a lot more than most clubs at our level, but we are always trying to improve.

With regards to commentary, it’s all handled by BBC Radio Devon and we don’t have control over who does it, we can mention to them though if it’s what the majority think?
Scott. Another thing that might be useful for commentator is the ability to see ifollow feed fans are watching so they can comment on replays. What about a clip on mike for interviewer?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought Hannah did a good job co commentating I can’t quite understand the criticism on here!

geoffwp

Thought Hannah did a good job co commentating I can’t quite understand the criticism on here!
Just the usual old fashion football politics. Either that or lads who have wives who ear bash them too much.😄

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hannah and Jubby are the two worst co commentators I have heard covering ECFC games, one female, one male, definitely no sexism impacting my point of view. I just don't think either of them should be carrying out the role.

It's my personal opinion which I am allowed to provide.

Antony Moxey

Just the usual old fashion football politics. Either that or lads who have wives who ear bash them too much.😄
Or perhaps she was actually not very good and the SJWs can’t wait to jump to her defence simply because she’s female.

Scott_Palfrey

Scott. Another thing that might be useful for commentator is the ability to see ifollow feed fans are watching so they can comment on replays. What about a clip on mike for interviewer?
We are on it, just the logistics can make it a nightmare with getting stuff finished off on the social/web and then set up ready to go two minutes later for the interviews.

If this is the only issue at the moment then I couldn’t be happier!

We can suggest that to them and see what they think, ifollow is quite far behind the live action so could cause a bit more of a distraction, but worth asking!!

denzel

We are on it, just the logistics can make it a nightmare with getting stuff finished off on the social/web and then set up ready to go two minutes later for the interviews.

If this is the only issue at the moment then I couldn’t be happier!

We can suggest that to them and see what they think, ifollow is quite far behind the live action so could cause a bit more of a distraction, but worth asking!!
Thanks Scott. I agree that ifollow is a bit behind. I had an alert that Jay scored the penalty just as he was taking the ball to take it!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or perhaps she was actually not very good and the SJWs can’t wait to jump to her defence simply because she’s female.
I've got no real complaints about her but I thought the propa commentator was pretty poor despite it being his first match this season

Scott_Palfrey

Thanks Scott. I agree that ifollow is a bit behind. I had an alert that Jay scored the penalty just as he was taking the ball to take it!
Suprised it wasn’t the same time given how long it took to roll in 🤣