• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most of this money will actually come from the Magic Money Tree [(c) St Jeremy of Corbyn], not taxpayers.
But we will have to pay to water it, trim it and ultimately dig it up when we can no longer afford to look after it.

Banksy

Probably posted elsewhere but....

DB9

Interesting article from MT on Devonlive, Here it is if it isn't elsewhere:

This bit of the article I've copied & pasted on here regarding our recent windfall and what we're losing moneywise before Covid-19:

“That has come at such a big time for us,” Taylor said. “Since March we’ve had no cash flow, so this has stabilised the club, but it will be the basis of the budget for next 5/10 years. Even before covid, we were losing £750,000 to a £1m a year.

“Our turnover needs to improve, the way the club gets investments need to keep developing, and the cuts have come for a reason. It is a timely boost but we cannot spend all that money at once and it has to go to a sensible place. I would be delighted to have it all and buy all the best players, but that is not realistic, and I am backing the young players to take the opportunity.”

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting article from MT on Devonlive, Here it is if it isn't elsewhere:

This bit of the article I've copied & pasted on here regarding our recent windfall and what we're losing moneywise before Covid-19:

“That has come at such a big time for us,” Taylor said. “Since March we’ve had no cash flow, so this has stabilised the club, but it will be the basis of the budget for next 5/10 years. Even before covid, we were losing £750,000 to a £1m a year.

“Our turnover needs to improve, the way the club gets investments need to keep developing, and the cuts have come for a reason. It is a timely boost but we cannot spend all that money at once and it has to go to a sensible place. I would be delighted to have it all and buy all the best players, but that is not realistic, and I am backing the young players to take the opportunity.”
Seems at odds with the comments reported on the fans forum earlier in the week.
Someone quoted(Can’t recall who)that the club was nearly self sustaining without windfalls...I think.

Rosencrantz

Someone quoted(Can’t recall who)that the club was nearly self sustaining without windfalls...I think.
I think it is self sustaining up to a point. That point is not with a competitive L2 budget, more a lower L2 budget.

DB9

A L2 club being (Before Covid) nearly self sustaining? Can't see it myself, Happy to be proved wrong.

grecianstew

Still going to have to pay the players or make them redundant. Breach of contract to consider.

No easy answers here
And we have to pay the players without any income if we carry on the season and will then have to pay them next summer without any income. At least by pausing and play twice a week from Easter onwards there is a chance we will have some income next summer as opposed to the certainty that we won’t see a soul through the turnstile until next August at the earliest.

Oldsmobile-88

I'd like to know what sort of percentage catering and hospitality on match days make up our total net profit. There's ways around ticket money, but I can't see a way of making up the money from hospitality.
The nett gate income from ticket sales per game for a 4,000 paying crowd using the median of £15 a ticket admission is around £45k I would think.
I guess that hospitality,bars & kiosks,there would be around £15k profit on a match day.
I think a third would not be too far off the mark in answer to your question.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that the budget has been brought to a cost neutral position as a result of the action taken due to COVID19. Prior to the curtailment of the season, we were losing a whack (although this loss was budgeted for).

Oldsmobile-88

My understanding is that the budget has been brought to a cost neutral position as a result of the action taken due to COVID19. Prior to the curtailment of the season, we were losing a whack (although this loss was budgeted for).
I probably was not listening properly 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.