• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weymouth vs Exeter friendly match day thread. 7pm ko

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the brief footage that I watched, Law looked good and I would play him on Saturday.
Seemed like a good workout otherwise
from what I read Law will be the one most pushing for a start on Saturday. Will be very interesting whether Parkes displaces Dean, Sweeney displaces Key and who Law displaces (if anyone) from the midfield four. MT did say there were ‘ no standout performances’ last night which seems to point at an unchanged team from last Saturday?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
When did the expresion "xxx needs / needed minutes" become the fashionable football cliché? I'm not over the moon about it, in fact it makes me sick as a parrot in the final third.

Oh well, not as bad as Tis's gnomic utterances about the opposition having the right to try to score.

LOG

"We go on", which translates as "We were carp today but might be better next time" is another that's emerged in the last couple of years that annoys me.

Oh well, a high quality problem i suppose.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No triallists then! Curious
I was disappointed there were none. I wonder if Weymouth wanted a look at some of our youngsters with a view to taking one on loan?

Banksy

No triallists then! Curious
I’m surprised Levi wasn’t there as he’s just left Tivvy.👍😭😭

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Sweeney comes in for Key it sends out a terrible message, Key was excellent last week, he should be nailed on to start.

The only changes I would consider would be Parkes for Dean and Law for Atangana. Parkes still doesn't convince me though, he's way too slow on the turn however I haven't seen enough of Dean at centre back at a good level to judge him.

Grecianpasty

I was disappointed there were none. I wonder if Weymouth wanted a look at some of our youngsters with a view to taking one on loan?
My understanding is that Weymouth have asked to take one or two of our players on loan, one being Randall, which would be very unlikely to me.

If it had to be anyone I'd suspect and hope it to be Iseguan.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They had Randall last season and barely played him, Taylor won't be letting him go anywhere now.

Seymour to Weymouth on loan wouldn't be a bad move for us and him.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
"We go on", which translates as "We were carp today but might be better next time" is another that's emerged in the last couple of years that annoys me.

Oh well, a high quality problem i suppose.
Ain't the correct parlance "We go again...', as opposed to 'We go on...'?!

Last edited:

LOG

Ain't the correct parlance "We go again...', as opposed to 'We go on...'?!
Yes, you're right. I wouldn't make a very good manager if i couldn't even get the cliches right :ROFLMAO: