• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Long Lost Bee

Just read that he's meeting Villa club reps today, so maybe an announcement this afternoon
Just read that he's meeting Villa club reps today, so maybe an announcement this afternoon
Not correct I’m afraid. Training today. He’s actually been given a squad number for the coming season. Not that guarantees he’ll be still with us of course.

Attachments

Last edited:

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not correct I’m afraid. Training today. He’s actually been given a squad number for the coming season. Not that guarantees he’ll be still with us of course.
Don't you just love the internet rumour mill? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How would you like us to spend/ allocate it if/when we get it? Honest question.
Its a tricky question, and one thats open to much debate.

Firstly and foremost, and I'm not privy to how good or bad the clubs finances currently are, we need to ensure the future of the club. I'm not up for spunking the cash if there's the possibility of no club in 12 months time.

I am however of the mindset that we should spend a decent amount of any windfall on the playing budget and do our best to move up the leagues. I don't want to be in L2, stable, and stay here. I want us to progress. No one can predict the future and if we progress and stay in the higher echelons of football for 10 years before falling back down then so be it! If you don't try you'll never know!

The likes of Burton, Fleetwood, Accrington and others have shown its possible to some extent.

I'd give MT 50% of any windfall and say lets get us in to L1 and the reassess our situation. No guarantees I appreciate that, but if you don't try then whats the point.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd give MT 50% of any windfall and say lets get us in to L1 and the reassess our situation. No guarantees I appreciate that, but if you don't try then whats the point.
This is not the year to blow budgets in search of promotion. Wait until next summer. Cash in the bank is king right now.

fred binneys head

Your facts are not welcome here. Carry on, Snoop.

Long Lost Bee

Your facts are not welcome here. Carry on, Snoop.
Just had a message to say he’s signing for Barcelona for £90 million. Hope that cheers you up for the weekend :love:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s actually been given a squad number for the coming season.
30,000,000?

Reactions: GJW

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is not the year to blow budgets in search of promotion. Wait until next summer. Cash in the bank is king right now.
Indeed. Depending on what happens with the salary cap, it might not even be possible to give Matt the money anyway.

GJW

Then we’ll have to spend it on that new out of town stadium on the outskirts of Exeter, in preparation for when we reach the Championship. Lots of spare land in North Devon I hear.

geoffwp

With respect snoop, I am sort of glad that you dont have the deciding vote on the issue. I will personally be very happy and content if we are still a strong part of L2, bringing young players through into the first team and overall financially stable come the end of next season.