• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd rather it divide people, stripes the same way with a sponsor plonked on a rectangle is boring. I'm a traditionalist, but its such a minimal change the reaction os bonkers 😂

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... One thing for the future might be that when a new shirt is being thought of, let say the final three put to a vote to the fans, Whether on here or another platform, As a fans owned club it might help people feel even more part of it? TBF I personally don't give a fig about other club's shirt, ECFC is my club.
Good idea, hope they actually do that.
As for the current new shirt, absolutely bleddy awful. I don't think I've seen such an unspiring pile of poo passed off as a City shirt for a good number of years. It looks like the illegitimate child of Photoshop and a malformed speech mark. :eek:

Nigel E

The shirt on its own is fine, but combined with the black shorts and hooped socks is just a bit "busy" as a full kit. Wonder if it would have been more coherent with white shorts and plain black socks.

Strangely it could look a better shirt on a fan wearing jeans than on the players themselves.

Feels like this is a missed opportunity to have ditched the stripes for a couple of seasons or so. We soon got over the shock in the 70s.

fred binneys head

Strangely it could look a better shirt on a fan wearing jeans than on the players themselves.
That’s a really good point. I’m gonna look gorgeous in it.

GJW

Just for some factual clarity on the shirt and Facebook feedback, I have looked at the 3 Club FB posts on the kit on the 12th. Yeah, I know it is sad, but a comment was made about the negative feedback on social media. Just wanted to present the reality. The first one was the release video, another 20 minutes later and then a follow up at bedtime (well, mine anyway). Taking out the comments that are neutral or not relevant there are 37 negative comments on the kit and 38 positive (50/50). Generally in life people who have a bad experience are more likely to be vocal about it as opposed to someone who has had a good experience. If we look at the FB likes for those 3 posts (and I’m not an expert on these emoji things) but there are 392 likes, 38 love (the positives). There are 7 crying, 11 laugh, 3 OMG and 2 angry (the negatives). I don’t do twitter so don’t know what the feedback on there is.
Certainly from a FB point of view the kit seems popular overall. Bear in mind this is not a scientific experiment just a reflection of the facts as seen from a proportion of fans who view FB.

fred binneys head

You can prove anything with facts.

iscalad

You can prove anything with facts.
Never knew that.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
So I delivered to an exewebber.. :)
haha must have, same day delivery!

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Must admit its the first time for a number of years a new shirt has divided peoples view as much as this has but each to their own i guess. One thing for the future might be that when a new shirt is being thought of, let say the final three put to a vote to the fans, Whether on here or another platform, As a fans owned club it might help people feel even more part of it? TBF I personally don't give a fig about other club's shirt, ECFC is my club.
I'm sure City did a vote for kit back in the day in the E&E

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Showed the design to my kids who are both keen to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.