• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wilf Walsh - quick glance at his twitter does show he seems to have a sense of humour as well https://twitter.com/wilfwalshesq?lang=en

Grecian68

So I delivered to an exewebber.. :)
Still awaiting mine 😉

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Still awaiting mine 😉
Same. Thought he might have gone out of his way a bit to deliver mine.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's brilliant, didn't know he was a City supporter. Good stuff.

Scott_Palfrey

We are planning on doing an interview with him soon to talk about his City support!

DB9

Scott, Has anyone at the club seen some of the negative views on the new shirt and their thoughts? Just asking 👍

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Same. Thought he might have gone out of his way a bit to deliver mine.
I’m picking up Alex fishers shirts on Monday if you want them delivered too :):)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Him and his son. Have followed Wilf for a year or two on Twitter and, as I recall, they go home and away. Would be surprised if they're not on ExeWeb!

Scott_Palfrey

Scott, Has anyone at the club seen some of the negative views on the new shirt and their thoughts? Just asking 👍
Of course, we monitor everything and feedback, shirts at all clubs and levels are very subjective - just take a look at the response on one end to Port Vale and Watford for being too ‘busy’ and the other end the likes of ‘Huddersfield’ for being to plain.

I think it’s a grower and when people see it in person they will like it, seem multiple examples of people saying it’s the worst kit ever only to come around to it 24 hours later.

Sales have been good so far, over 200 in a day and a bit so that’s a good marker to look at.

It’s never going to please everyone and social response can be a tough one to mark - as we all take to social to moan/air our opinions, but often not in a good way.

That’s my take anyway...

DB9

Of course, we monitor everything and feedback, shirts at all clubs and levels are very subjective - just take a look at the response on one end to Port Vale and Watford for being too ‘busy’ and the other end the likes of ‘Huddersfield’ for being to plain.

I think it’s a grower and when people see it in person they will like it, seem multiple examples of people saying it’s the worst kit ever only to come around to it 24 hours later.

Sales have been good so far, over 200 in a day and a bit so that’s a good marker to look at.

It’s never going to please everyone and social response can be a tough one to mark - as we all take to social to moan/air our opinions, but often not in a good way.

That’s my take anyway...
Must admit its the first time for a number of years a new shirt has divided peoples view as much as this has but each to their own i guess. One thing for the future might be that when a new shirt is being thought of, let say the final three put to a vote to the fans, Whether on here or another platform, As a fans owned club it might help people feel even more part of it? TBF I personally don't give a fig about other club's shirt, ECFC is my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.