• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Number 9 shirt

Andy Holloway

If the AS Foundation, Adams' Family and ECFC are happy for the No 9 shirt to be used again then who are WE to challenge that decision?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Excellent news. I just hope we have a player worthy of wearing it

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jay Stansfield on loan?

StudentGrecian

Tom Nichols shock return to take the number 9 shirt?
It’s clearly going to be Seymour, just hope he gets game time to prove himself. Would be sad to have the number 9 return only to sit on the bench.

Good decision all round, and the statement is a nice touch to show the club have the family’s full support.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, I'm in the Seymour camp.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
It should have been offered to Jay Stanfield 12 months ago. I know it wouldn't have made a difference to him leaving, but it would have been a very nice gesture.

Because of what that shirt now means, it should on the back of one of our own. It doesn't belong anywhere else.

Bittners a Legend

It should have been offered to Jay Stanfield 12 months ago. I know it wouldn't have made a difference to him leaving, but it would have been a very nice gesture.

Because of what that shirt now means, it should on the back of one of our own. It doesn't belong anywhere else.
I think the opposite. Inappropriate to use Adam's memory in that way. I don't know the family though so maybe they would have appreciated it.

Agree with others that Ben Seymour will presumably be number 9 this year but I suppose it isn't impossible that Jay Stansfield might go out on loan this year...especially with Fulham having been promoted.

No one has mentioned Matt Jay. Also one of our own. Hard working and never stops running. Could be another option.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
No one has mentioned Matt Jay. Also one of our own. Hard working and never stops running. Could be another option.
Good shout. MJ has handled well the burden of wearing the ( somewhat controversial) number 17 shirt. Definitely an option, would never let anyone down.

ryancooper327

Good shout. MJ has handled well the burden of wearing the ( somewhat controversial) number 17 shirt. Definitely an option, would never let anyone down.
But on the occasion MT plays him he plays further back than a ‘number 9’.