• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Playing an abysmal 13 games last season, I'm surprised MT has not given the fans a solid update with exactly what is going on and when he is expected to become match fit again. We have released some quality from our side this year whilst Ajose managed to retain a number. If he is not fit enough to be playing 30 games this year then we have clearly got problems with our retained list.
He's under contract. We can't just let him go.
Ah, Ryan got there first

Average Joe

We can't just release him but we could let him go on a free transfer or loan him out to free up the wages.

Also I'm not really saying let's bet rid as I do know Ajose can be a quality player. But I think an update is well needed, especially as we won't be seeing him in preseason

ryancooper327

We can't just release him but we could let him go on a free transfer or loan him out to free up the wages.

Also I'm not really saying let's bet rid as I do know Ajose can be a quality player. But I think an update is well needed, especially as we won't be seeing him in preseason
I imagine Sweeney and Ajose are probably the players MT has already vocally said he’d like to move on in the way you have said, as in, for free. You have to find someone willing to take him though.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Can we not put him on the transfer list.

Average Joe

Can we not put him on the transfer list.
considering he scored 1 goal all season in the league, I can't see any team would purchase him. Personally a loan would be ideal, if he gets fit we bring him back...

For all we know he could actually be fit and knocking in 50 goals a training session, we just don't know, and this is what is puzzling me the most.

Rosencrantz

You can be sure that clubs know the availability of the players that Matt wants to move on. They still have to want to sign them, and the players still have to want to go. Giving them a free, sending them on loan, putting them on the transfer list all come down to the above.

Red Devon

I still want to see him fit and start the opening ten or twelve games of the season so we’ll know what we’ve got then 🤞🤞

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
We always trot out the same excuse that players are "not fit" when in reality they are just crap but because they cost us money we dont want to admit we are chucking good money after bad.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We always trot out the same excuse that players are "not fit" when in reality they are just crap but because they cost us money we dont want to admit we are chucking good money after bad.
I think with Ajose last season this was the case with the cost being his salary.

But by signing him MT must have had a plan of how and where to play him, and have worked to that plan at some stage. What was it? Why not look to instil it now that he is fit (hopefully) as we have the same strikers as last season.

As previously mentioned there were several matches where the lazy git was getting into the right positions but no-one was laying it off to him. I think there is a predator there somewhere but you would have to involve him for it to come out and this would mean passing to him on occasions and playing him. I also think he could thrive with MJ just behind to thread balls through but there again lies another problem as MJ doesn't start matches either, and perhaps use Fisher (another non starter) as the targert man. Seymour could learn a lot about positioning from Ajose this season if he stays

A strike force of Bowman and Fisher and Seymour in the current stages of their careers and on last seasons form isn't inspiring. Can or has Bowman got a history of forming any partnerships (apart from his wife before anyone chirps up) with anybody out of curiosity

Banksy

Perhaps we could loan him out to Tivvy.