• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

ryancooper327

I don't think Matt would have promoted Joel to the first team squad if he thought he wasn't ready. Unless we get windfall, what we have now is what we will go with. Until we see what Matt intends to do formation wise, it is also hard to speculate on which positions we are light in. We also have Sparkes who can play left wing with Hartridge left back if we needed to. If we are really going to commit to opening up pathways for our younger players then even if we do get a windfall, it will need to be carefully targeted. There is no point in getting in experienced cover and putting those youngsters Matt thinks is ready back down the pecking order, or having a decent wage sitting behind them. Things might change if Sweeney, Ajose or Williams do move on though.

By the way, Nelson Iseguen, second year scholar, left winger. Could see him progress to u23's, and maybe Trophy games this season.
Yes heard good things about Nelson and agree with everything you put. I’m fairly happy with the squad and depth as my chart in the 20/21 season thread. Just thought I’d see other people’s thoughts!

budegrecian

By the way, Nelson Iseguen, second year scholar, left winger. Could see him progress to u23's, and maybe Trophy games this season.
I thought he was now first year pro.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought he was now first year pro.
Not yet. The first year pro's are Diabate, Morrison and Wilson.

budegrecian

Not yet. The first year pro's are Diabate, Morrison and Wilson.
Ok, thanks for that. He's obviously one to watch out for then. Lets hope he makes it to our professional ranks without being poached.

Colesman Ballz

Now we have CB and RB covered. Where are the gaps?
Oi you, we'll have less of this talking about me behind my back,if you please ! :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now we have CB and RB covered. Where are the gaps?
I would say we still need another central defender.
Now Moxey and Woody have gone, who will play at LB?

IndoMike

Overrun with midfielders , light on forwards.( or at least a decent viable choice.)
I agree. Bowman is unlikely to score more than 15-16 goals and Ajose cannot be counted on : even if he plays a few games he's likely to be out again with his allegedly persistent knee problems. Seymour is the only other option as a genuine striker.
But, I don't think we have any money yet to.buy s genuine Div 2 goalscorer.
Not expecting too much this season : give the kids a chance whilst hoping to stay in the top half.

Rosencrantz

I would say we still need another central defender.
Now Moxey and Woody have gone, who will play at LB?
Sparkes or Hartridge for LB. Smerdon a bit away from readiness it would seem. We saw last season that Sparkes is ready, with Hartridge as cover we can do without an experienced back up in our financial position.

I would agree to an extent about centre back. We currently have five/six in the squad, kind of. But aside from Parkes and McArdle, we have three covering two positions Sweeney (RB), Hartridge (LB) and Dean (CM), two who Matt wants to prove they can step up from development to senior squad in Dyer and Dean and one who he seemingly wants to move if at all possible in Sweeney. It also depends a bit on back three or four. If we get some cash, I think it's possible we will get another in, if Sweeney moves on as well it's highly probable.

IndoMike

The big question is if Sweeney will feature on the right of a back three or if he really is out of favour. Whatever, we're gonna be a bit light at.centre back. I'd definitely settle for A Martin to return if he's still available, but it's all about the money.

Rosencrantz

The big question is if Sweeney will feature on the right of a back three or if he really is out of favour. Whatever, we're gonna be a bit light at.centre back. I'd definitely settle for A Martin to return if he's still available, but it's all about the money.
Let it go Indo, Aaron isn't Matt's type of L2 defender unfortunately 😐. If another centre back comes in, I can't see it being Aaron.