• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're very comfortable with an abundance of midfielders. Attangana, Collins, Law, Williams, Kite, Sparkes, Randall, Jay, Taylor can all play midfield

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're very comfortable with an abundance of midfielders. Attangana, Collins, Law, Williams, Kite, Sparkes, Randall, Jay, Taylor can all play midfield
You forgot Will Dean ;)

Some of the transfer rumours are very poorly researched. It was clear the positions we were looking for this year more than ever and still we get the rumours about left backs and midfielders where we are very unlikely to be looking at.

ryancooper327

Now we have CB and RB covered. Where are the gaps?

iscalad

Next to the new grandstand.

Banksy

Overrun with midfielders , light on forwards.( or at least a decent viable choice.)

Corey

Depends. For me, if we’re planning to play 4-3-3, we need a new left winger. But, if we’re planning to play 3 at the back, I think we need another CB

ryancooper327

Depends. For me, if we’re planning to play 4-3-3, we need a new left winger. But, if we’re planning to play 3 at the back, I think we need another CB
Agreed. I’d even say another CB anyway. Although we have Hartridge, Dyer and Diabate (if disaster strikes), I think Dean/ Morison can play there too at a push.

Rather a starting calibre back up though in case Parkes is sent off or Rory needs a break. Also a winger who can play either side would be a bonus.

Rosencrantz

Also a winger who can play either side would be a bonus.
Like Joel Randall you mean ;)

ryancooper327

Like Joel Randall you mean ;)
I think he’s great! Proper winger. Would like to have seen him more last season, hopefully MT uses him, then we wouldn’t need a winger. But I f Law is central then it’ll be Randall left and Randell right (to confuse people who annoyingly can’t distinguish them). Then Key would be the only natural back up...

Rosencrantz

I think he’s great! Proper winger. Would like to have seen him more last season, hopefully MT uses him, then we wouldn’t need a winger. But I f Law is central then it’ll be Randall left and Randell right (to confuse people who annoyingly can’t distinguish them). Then Key would be the only natural back up...
I don't think Matt would have promoted Joel to the first team squad if he thought he wasn't ready. Unless we get windfall, what we have now is what we will go with. Until we see what Matt intends to do formation wise, it is also hard to speculate on which positions we are light in. We also have Sparkes who can play left wing with Hartridge left back if we needed to. If we are really going to commit to opening up pathways for our younger players then even if we do get a windfall, it will need to be carefully targeted. There is no point in getting in experienced cover and putting those youngsters Matt thinks is ready back down the pecking order, or having a decent wage sitting behind them. Things might change if Sweeney, Ajose or Williams do move on though.

By the way, Nelson Iseguen, second year scholar, left winger. Could see him progress to u23's, and maybe Trophy games this season.