• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you sure about the 20% sell-on, Rosey?

confirmed

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was talk a couple of weeks ago that Valencia were interested in young Ethan - but as a sale not loan

I have the feeling he will be in the squad for next season but not play as often as we would like 😳

Rosencrantz

Are you sure about the 20% sell-on, Rosey?

confirmed
Sorry Indo, I should have perhaps linked my source as Andrew has done for me.

Good. Forget the flipping bench warming for Leipzig or whatever that team he didn’t play for was called , let’s hope he goes to one of the ‘lesser’ PL teams who are prepared to part with say ten million.At least on that reckoning we’d get another 1.75 million. Please ..........
Even in todays possible covid hit market, Ethan is worth way in excess of £10 million. Whether it is a lower Premier League team or the Bundesliga, an increasingly popular destination for young UK players, I doubt Chelsea will sell so cheap. With Chelsea's weakness in defensive midfield and centre back, I can see Ethan being more involved next season which risks him staying there long term which wouldn't really be in our favour although we would get the remaining £1.25 million as detailed in the tribunal. It does seem though with Chelsea's recent transfer splurge that Abramovich might be opening the purse strings again.

IndoMike

confirmed
Thanks Andrew. I couldn't remember what the deal was.

budegrecian

Chelsea always have a host of players out on loan for which they rake in a considerable amount of loan fees. Leipzig will surely have paid a reasonable loan fee for Ethan, so if he goes out on loan again next season it should result in us getting 20% of any money received once the initial £1.3m figure is exceeded.
If he stays with Chelsea, hopefully he will get game time, which will ultimately see us rewarded, that way, under the terms of the tribunal ruling. Or in the unlikely event that Lampard doesn't rate him & needs to recoup some income to finance their transfer purchases & they sell him, we will also benefit. At his age, already with an international pedigree, he must be worth around the £20m mark, surely.
It will be interesting to see what develops, with Ethan, over the next few months. Lets hope it works in our favour.

Banksy

Nice to hear about our 20% sell on possibilities here.Be interesting to see in the long term which of Ethan and Ollie recoups the most for us.I’ll go for Ollie but you never know.
A few million more from each would be nice.

andrew p long

Chelsea always have a host of players out on loan for which they rake in a considerable amount of loan fees. Leipzig will surely have paid a reasonable loan fee for Ethan, so if he goes out on loan again next season it should result in us getting 20% of any money received once the initial £1.3m figure is exceeded.
that’s right. However my recollection is that it was reported somewhere that the loan fee Leipzig paid was a disappointing amount just north of half a million pounds. If that is right and a similar loan fee is paid next season we won get anything yet. I was as surprised as I was disappointed by that report because surely Ethan’s loan fee should be in excess of a million per year and nearer to two million?

rooecfc

Fulham linked with Ethan on loan

andrew p long

Fulham linked with Ethan on loan
whilst is the case that Ethan could have benefitted from a loan to a Premier League club where he would play a lot, the source of this story is the Athletic, who have come up with the Watkins £18m release clause...

Colesman Ballz

whilst is the case that Ethan could have benefitted from a loan to a Premier League club where he would play a lot, the source of this story is the Athletic, who have come up with the Watkins £18m release clause...
?? Fulham are a Premier League side again, and one where he could to expect to gain considerable game time. He desperately needs to drive his career forward right now.