• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well they would say that wouldn't they. I thought Ollie was persuaded to stay on in January to help them get promoted, I suspect he wont be as eager to stay next season.
I'd thought LLB's ear to all things Brentford is better than ours, Of course Ollie might go if there's an offer they couldn't refuse but if they want another go next season at promotion it's better to try and keep a team together rather than try to integrate new players within the squad that don't move.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its great news. There appears to be no 18m buy out clause and Brentford don't want to, and don't need to sell him. This means the only way he's leaving is if someone is prepared to pay silly money for him, and as we know with football there's silly money flying around all over the place. I'm thinking around the 30m figure again now giving us somewhere around 5m.

Ash

Regardless of what’s going around in the press and the BBC :rolleyes: word from the club is that young Ollie will be staying at BFC. The club have no intention of selling him or any of the current crop. They want to to add more quality to what we already have and push for automatic promotion, which would have happened had we not had such a bad start last season due to bedding in new players. The club do not want a repeat as ( you may have noticed ) we are pretty poor in playoffso_O. That’s not to say he won’t go, but if he did it would have to be eye watering bid.
Can't see him staying I'm afraid, I suspect you're being overly optimistic. Teams have been sniffing around him for ages before this bonanza season, he'll be gone before the end of the month.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its great news. There appears to be no 18m buy out clause and Brentford don't want to, and don't need to sell him. This means the only way he's leaving is if someone is prepared to pay silly money for him, and as we know with football there's silly money flying around all over the place. I'm thinking around the 30m figure again now giving us somewhere around 5m.
30m would be good but no championship player has been sold for that, so more a reality would probably be 25m. Still a nice wedge to come our way be it 15% or 20% (3.5 or 4.75)

The next question would be how would we receive it, lump sum or drip fed?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The next question would be how would we receive it, lump sum or drip fed?
No idea, it may depend on how Brentford receives the money. Without seeing the actual contract clause no-one knows.

Red Devon

Is this person an actual journalist? Relies on assumptions and hearsay for his 'reports'. I'm shocked.
I’d have thought the link with Aston Villa could be very credible, wasn’t Dean Smith the manager who signed him at Brentford.

Long Lost Bee

I’d have thought the link with Aston Villa could be very credible, wasn’t Dean Smith the manager who signed him at Brentford.
Yep.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was, and Villa's attack last season was dreadful. Watkins would walk into their frontline.

Long Lost Bee

Can't see him staying I'm afraid, I suspect you're being overly optimistic. Teams have been sniffing around him for ages before this bonanza season, he'll be gone before the end of the month.
The intention is to keep him. I’ve also said it take an eye watering amount for us to sell as financially we don’t need to. Eye watering would be £25million +.

iscalad

He was, and Villa's attack last season was dreadful. Watkins would walk into their frontline.
We can but hope. Smith has been given £100m allegedly to bring new players in.