• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
DB - think the confusion is because I often refer to the current government as 'Vote Leave', because most prominent Vote Leave campaigners have been appointed (also to the Lords). I mean as an apologist for this current government's interpretation of parliamentary democracy i.e the wilful ignoring of it !

Al, the Brexit Celebration Ale promises much; pzazz - has great branding - catchy advertising slogans 'ale means ale' - 'beer beer beer' - but a bit pricey. No ingredients listed - just says 'Trust us'. From Brewers with a dodgy track record. I've a sneaking feeling it'll taste like sh1t, and goes on to give us all the sh1ts - and you don't.. :)
They are a vote leave Government because they were voted in as that, Perspective Tory MPs had to sign up saying this, That is common knowledge. Their numbers mean they can do what they like, No good the opposition moaning about it because their campaigns failed and badly failed. I do see some light with Starmer but he has acknowledged the Brexit argument is over, Now is the time to get the best possible deal but I have no faith in those negotiating that they will and then we all become losers. Please don't call me an apologist because in my view I fulfilled my democratic right to vote and accept the outcome of that vote, Even though it wasn't the one I voted for. I feel I had the moral high ground over the Lib Dems, They wanted to ignore all those people that voted leave and repeal Article 50 because they think they're right without even a vote or even discuss with leave voters why they wanted to do this. That to me is a scary thought.

IndoMike

I'm not sure if you're talking in jest but i'm no apologist. To me we voted and leave won, If people say it wasn't explained what leaving the EU meant is a patronising view on other peoples intelligence. I knew EXACTLY what leaving meant and that is why i voted remain and those that vote leave knew why they were voting it, No good complaining about the campaign, It was all out there and even the red bus thing was dissed before the actual vote but as with much of the remain campaign it never got through to the people, All people saw was the usual lot trying tell the "Little People" whats best for them, That's how it came across to me but i did read things an leave/remain, I made what i considered an informed judgement, It didn't do me any good and i was gutted at the result.
Wrong person ///

DB9

Wrong person ///
No I voted to remain, I'm sure there wasn't a subvote on the paper to vote on a deal or no deal.

IndoMike

No I voted to remain, I'm sure there wasn't a subvote on the paper to vote on a deal or no deal.
Sorry. The post was to the wrong person, so I edited it. I know you voted Remain. Blimey, the internet is fast.

DB9

Sorry. The post was to the wrong person, so I edited it. I know you voted Remain. Blimey, the internet is fast.
For us old duffers it is 🤣👍

IndoMike

For us old duffers it is 🤣👍
So fast you received it before I even sent it.. :oops:

DB9

I am watching Star Trek Discovery at the moment and it's an episode about time travel! Spooky!😲

arthur

We’re all winners when democracy prevails.
Your definition of democracy is different from mine :cool:

tavyred

Your definition of democracy is different from mine :cool:
Probably.
People vote for something in good faith and then you enact it. All the retrospective caveats you constantly seek to put on the referendum result are based on the fact that you disagreed vehemently with the result. It may assuage your annoyance a tad by lashing out and doubting mine and others democratic credentials, but as I’ve said before if you had gotten your way it would’ve amounted to the biggest democratic betrayal in our history. You art are an anti-democrat, I suggest you reflect on that rather then cast aspersions on others.

Grecian2K

I've just received one from a President Cummings, Ultimate (and unelected) Ruler of the Universe.....oh, hang on a minute.
I've just noticed that it was dated last December...and countersigned, per pro, by a 'Liz Windsor, ex-HRH"