• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

dontpassback

Or Brentford could lose the final and Ollie could get injured. #disaster
Yes I never thought of that one,but fingers crossed 🤞

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The sell on is 20% of the profit on the sale is it not? Swear that was common knowledge?!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If and when we get some dollar for the lad, who gets the plaudits for securing the add-ons? Taggy ? Steve Perryman ?

It'll be interesting to read the reactions of their fiercest critics.

Boyo

The sell on is 20% of the profit on the sale is it not? Swear that was common knowledge?!
A classic case of internet myths, by the looks of it. Repeat something frequently enough and people eventually take it as fact.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

It was never confirmed on the request of Brentford. It was always assumed by ourselves and Brentford fans that came on here that it would be in the region of 20%, based on a business model that Brentford follow.

StudentGrecian

I see Stuart James penned the article so hopefully it’s reliable...Interesting that my £30m move to Leeds storey got a mention though.
As good as his recent Athletic article may have been, he has also posted some absolute carp in his time. The club have always seemed to keep them at arms length, unlike a lot of local rags that seem have good contacts within their respective clubs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As good as his recent Athletic article may have been, he has also posted some absolute carp in his time. The club have always seemed to keep them at arms length, unlike a lot of local rags that seem have good contacts within their respective clubs.
I think you're mixing up your Stuart Jameses.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

It was never confirmed on the request of Brentford. It was always assumed by ourselves and Brentford fans that came on here that it would be in the region of 20%, based on a business model that Brentford follow.
Indeed...It could be just 5% or it could be 20%, or even greater. Who knows.

I suspect we will never know for sure but once all is done and dusted and Ollie moves on, I’m sure Matt and the club will tell us as much as they’re allowed to.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed...It could be just 5% or it could be 20%, or even greater. Who knows.

I suspect we will never know for sure but once all is done and dusted and Ollie moves on, I’m sure Matt and the club will tell us as much as they’re allowed to.
If the buying club wants the fee to be undisclosed then we won't ever find out I suppose?

sign of the chimes

If the buying club wants the fee to be undisclosed then we won't ever find out I suppose?
The giveaway will be when you sign Firmino and Salah to partner Bowman up front...

Watkins is one hell of a player. I'm also incredibly impressed when I hear him speak, he seems switched on and cerebral - have seen/heard him do a few extended interviews/podcast type things. He clearly has some smarts about him and you get the sense that's helped him develop.

I know your former gaffer divides opinion on here in the same way politics does on other social media, but I do wonder whether OW has benefitted from working with Tisdale, followed by Frank at Brentford who, whilst having a more demonstrative public persona to Tisdale, does seem to be a pretty thoughtful manager.

Watkins' interviews make me think he's someone who is a keen student of his game and football more widely. I know many on here (and I'm sure amongst the wider fanbase) think Tisdale is full of crap - and can understand why - but then I've worked for managers who I've had that sort of opinion of who others have thought are great, and vice versa.

I'm definitely not wanting to get in to any debate over the relative merits of PT - it's more a consider of the extent to which certain players benefit from working under different managers. I've seen it at Fratton Park over the past few seasons. Enda Stevens thrived under Paul Cook at Pompey and has ended up in the Premier League under Wilder at Sheffield United having lost his way at Villa as a youngster. I'm not convinced he'd have developed in the same way under Tisdale followed by, say, Eddie Howe.