• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Quite like Joma as a supplier they have done some good kits for City last few home kits and the black 3rd shirt are the standouts. Think the Adidas kits of yesteryear were very nice. I recon the best away kit was the Matchwinner royal blue/black/white Carling Black Label, would love to see a modern version of that or those colours used again!
I prefer white being the dominant colour on the home shirts, with the white sleeves and sides, but make the back of the shirts striped again with maybe a block of colour just where the number like the old matchwinner home shirts.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although they might not be to your (or my) taste Max, they do seem to have sold well though. With three kits on the go though, it shouldn't be too hard to cater for different tastes, one away more classical, one more vibrant/garish delete as appropriate.
Be interesting to know the numbers sold. Have they sold loads or do they just stand out....

ryancooper327

I think home shirt should be white with red stripes on the front and back but not arms. Away happy with the all black with red trim. Surely a light and dark would cover all colour bases and a third wouldn’t be needed. If we need a third then rotate the colour on that one every season, blue, all white, highlighter yellow as that’s so popular! Make it more ‘fashionable’ to market?

Dannyred

Flamengo from 2017. Sweet.
View attachment 3236
Yes it’s a really nice shirt, as was the city one like that.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Out of all the Premiership newly released kits my favourite is the Southampton home and away (or third kit?). No red and white stripes this season, just the single diagonal stripe.
View attachment 3232
We have been brave before. My favourite City top.
View attachment 3233
Yes I liked that one too. Not just because we were relegated to non league the season we wore it but I really disliked the “Y” home kit.

Ash

Torquay’s kit is a standard Nike shirt that anyone could buy in Sports Direct with their logo stick on. If we want a bespoke design, unique to us, then we have to have a lesser known manufacturer as Nike would never produce something with such a low ‘print’ run.

Personally, I’d prefer a known brand, even if that meant the kit wasn’t unique to us.
Why?

Grecian Max

Bespoke design only really happens at the top level, and anyway it’s what you do with it that makes it unique. I watched a video today about Arsenals famous bruised banana kit and that was a template used for a fair few other clubs also which I didn’t realise.

Yes, the Torquay kit is very simple but it the detailing and thought of the things that went on it made the difference - admittedly easier with no sponsor.

I note that whilst Argyles kit is a template they’ve chosen some really classy ones and then it’s small things like making the Ginsters logo black and white to work with the overall aesthetic for that particular shirt.

City don’t do it too badly really want to make that clear and Joma shirts have been nice in general just think we could do better at choosing templates.

Rosencrantz

Bespoke design only really happens at the top level, and anyway it’s what you do with it that makes it unique. I watched a video today about Arsenals famous bruised banana kit and that was a template used for a fair few other clubs also which I didn’t realise.

Yes, the Torquay kit is very simple but it the detailing and thought of the things that went on it made the difference - admittedly easier with no sponsor.

I note that whilst Argyles kit is a template they’ve chosen some really classy ones and then it’s small things like making the Ginsters logo black and white to work with the overall aesthetic for that particular shirt.

City don’t do it too badly really want to make that clear and Joma shirts have been nice in general just think we could do better at choosing templates.
I know it's only a mock up but the Carpetright logo does look cleaner and better I think on the away shirts, particularly the black one.

Red Devon

I know it's only a mock up but the Carpetright logo does look cleaner and better I think on the away shirts, particularly the black one.

The fashion police might have something to say about that 😟

ryancooper327

Think this is Oldham’ s anniversary away kit. I like it! Simple and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.