• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

donkey

Ornstein is one of the few reliable journalists for transfer news so if he says Watkins has a release clause I'd be inclined to believe him.

I think it would be good news for us, at that price there will be plenty of interest and makes it more likely he'll be sold this summer. With the current situation it would be a huge boost to receive our percentage now.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
At 18m he's an absolute bargain. Would be a weird release clause seeing as Brentford previously sold Maupay for 25m and Watkins had renegotiated his contract since then?

Positive spin

No one would bid £30M. Any number of clubs would just need to bid £18M to be able to discuss terms.
Like Stockley with his £750000 clause ?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps selling may be a necessity?
I read last week that the impecunious little EPL will be demanding £8 MILLION from each of the promoted clubs just for the privilege of joining their cosy little gang. Apparently this is to help "compensate" the fat-cats for the loss of TV revenue due to Covid.
Can't believe that one, G2K.
Peanuts for EPL

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
At 18m he's an absolute bargain. Would be a weird release clause seeing as Brentford previously sold Maupay for 25m and Watkins had renegotiated his contract since then?
Agreed Brentford have a reputation for protecting their interests so if there is a release clause I would expect it to be at least in the mid 20s.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like Stockley with his £750000 clause ?
Sorry what’s your point?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
According the Athletic, Ollie has a release clause of just £18m.

I haven’t seen this on @TransferCenter5 yet, so if I were you chaps I’d take this rumour with a very large pinch of salt :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Positive spin

Sorry what’s your point?
I was agreeing with you !
Once a club or clubs offer the release clause figure the player is in the driving seat deciding who he wants to sign for.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was agreeing with you !
Once a club or clubs offer the release clause figure the player is in the driving seat deciding who he wants to sign for.
Ah sorry :oops: It’s been a long day:D

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
According the Athletic, Ollie has a release clause of just £18m.

That's not quite what The Athletic article says. Rather...

'H duly signed a new four-year contract, with the option of a further year, last August. Yet my colleague Dominic Fifield reports that the new deal is also understood to include a buy-out option for interested parties, with some suggesting the clause could be triggered for as little as £18 million.'