• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Imagine if we still had Wheeler. It still feels embarrassing recalling the stick he got at the MK game. He really is having the last laugh.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Imagine if we still had Wheeler. It still feels embarrassing recalling the stick he got at the MK game. He really is having the last laugh.
He only got stick because for some reason which I never fully understood he came out hyped up not only as if he had something to prove but as if City fans had given him a hard time whilst with us, whereas we know the opposite was the case and capped it off by, again for no obvious reason, clattering one the City players, whose name escapes me at present, into the advertising hoardings in front of the Big Bank....all totally out of character.

Rosencrantz

He only got stick because for some reason which I never fully understood he came out hyped up not only as if he had something to prove but as if City fans had given him a hard time whilst with us, whereas we know the opposite was the case and capped it off by, again for no obvious reason, clattering one the City players, whose name escapes me at present, into the advertising hoardings in front of the Big Bank....all totally out of character.
He came out and played with his usual physicality he always played with and got stick as was Harley. He did then clatter Deano (and we have had players guilty of similar challenges over the years) which ramped it up even more to an unacceptable (IMO) level where it was just abuse. It was all rather unnecessary in the first place though although probably more aimed at because he had signed for Tis and MK.

From his interview with Scott it doesn't seem that he is holding against the supporters and he more or less brushed it off.

dontpassback

I don’t think david wheeler holds a grudge,I think he is just someone who is glad he is playing pro football at a good level with a chance to go up with Wycombe,I wish him well

STURTZ

My only query is why Wycombe suddenly became a more attractive option to david rather than us? Or did we not try to sign him from QPR?

Absolutely loved Wheeler me.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
My only query is why Wycombe suddenly became a more attractive option to david rather than us? Or did we not try to sign him from QPR?
I suspect for two reasons.

One Wycombe are a bigger club and have a bigger budget.

Two he's settled in west London and can commute to Wycombe.

Rosencrantz

And they are playing in League One.

Grecian Max

He signed for WWFC because they were L1 and we weren't. He's a good L1 player, simple as.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
O’Shea starting for West Brom this afternoon home to Hull City.....now one up not good news for the Bees and Ollie.

Earlier Matt Grimes and the Swans kept their playoff hopes on target 2-1 win at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

Red Devon

O’Shea starting for West Brom this afternoon home to Hull City.....now one up not good news for the Bees and Ollie.

Earlier Matt Grimes and the Swans kept their playoff hopes on target 2-1 win at home to Sheffield Wednesday.
Good news SB - a bit of a ding dong affair but it finished 4:2 to the Albion.