• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Martian with Matt Damon. Not a bad way to spend a few hours. No ridiculous gratuitous sex, bad language or violence just for the sake of it which spoils most films made these days unfortunately. Excellent.
Agreed, The Martian is superb and rather ironically believable too (well, other than the Iron Man rescue bit!).

Mr Jinx

To The Bone

Netflix film about anorexia with Lily Collins and Keanu Reeves. A story which dives into the mind of someone that doesn't want to eat for several reasons. A complex issue delicately handled I thought.

7/10

Antony Moxey

Dirty Dancing. After informing my daughter I’d never seen this before she decided it was a wrong that needed righting. How wrong she was, especially as I nearly broke my back trying THAT lift with SWMBO after. Not sure whether it was because I’m a weed (who’s drunk to much wine) or SWMBO’s a lard but whatever, the film was actually a lot worse that I thought it would be. Two Patrick’s out of ten Jennifer.

DB9

Justice League, Not seen it before so last night thought I'd give it a go. The DC universe brings together various super hero's to defeat Steppenwolf, Some nasty thing from another universe/planet? Enjoyed this and kept going at a decent rate with plenty of action 7/10 As for Ms Gadot (Wonder Woman) How one lady can be so beautiful i'll never know. 10/10.

Banksy

Tears of the Sun . 2003. Bruce Willis. After a coup in Nigeria a Navy Seal team is ordered to evacuate a mission hospital where the resident doctor is an American citizen. Things don’t turn out straightforwardly needless to say and Bruce and his team lead most of the mission occupants to safety over the Cameroon border.Firefights aplenty abound along the journey.Good old hokum with a few harrowing scenes as the rebels carry out their rape and killing spree.

Dannyred

42 In 1947, Jackie Robinson becomes the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball in the modern era

A Great but shocking film, starring Harrison Ford.

Alistair20000

Dirty Dancing. After informing my daughter I’d never seen this before she decided it was a wrong that needed righting. How wrong she was, especially as I nearly broke my back trying THAT lift with SWMBO after. Not sure whether it was because I’m a weed (who’s drunk to much wine) or SWMBO’s a lard but whatever, the film was actually a lot worse that I thought it would be. Two Patrick’s out of ten Jennifer.
My kids told me when they watched this film:

“This is not a film for you Dad”

Of course this made me determined to watch it. I wish I had listened to them.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Dead Pool (1988) Clint Eastwood ~ Liam Neeson ~ Patricia Clarkson

The fifth and final Dirty Harry film started well enough but ended up questioning Harry's driving skills while driving through San Francisco Steve McQeen style and yet failing to shake off the the pursuing villain who not only kept up with him, but did so driving one-handed while also guiding what appeared to be a child's radio controlled car packed with explosives. Poor Harry's car is a write-off but he survives to ask the cornered the psychopath if he's got any bullets left before despatching him with a whalers harpoon. 7.5/10

Alistair20000

The Dead Pool (1988) Clint Eastwood ~ Liam Neeson ~ Patricia Clarkson

The fifth and final Dirty Harry film started well enough but ended up questioning Harry's driving skills while driving through San Francisco Steve McQeen style and yet failing to shake off the the pursuing villain who not only kept up with him, but did so driving one-handed while also guiding what appeared to be a child's radio controlled car packed with explosives. Poor Harry's car is a write-off but he survives to ask the cornered the psychopath if he's got any bullets left before despatching him with a whalers harpoon. 7.5/10
I know what you’re thinking punk. Did he make six films or only five ?

Not the best of the Dirty Harry series IMO. The first was brilliant and the best.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not the best of the Dirty Harry series IMO. The first was brilliant and the best.
The deranged Scorpio was certainly his most memorable adversary.