• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trouble is, the feckers keeping voting to stay!

Not surprising when they get bunged circa £2K per capita in extra public spending every year I suppose.
Time to stop that crap. Immediately. If this leads to howls of anger and anguish in Krankieland and speeds their departure all to the good.

tavyred

Time to stop that crap. Immediately. If this leads to howls of anger and anguish in Krankieland and speeds their departure all to the good.
Ali,
Can you imagine the situation below being tolerated by anyone else but the hapless and much derided English?

In 2018/19, public spending per person in the UK as a whole was £9,584. In England, it was £9,296 (3% below the UK average). This compares with:

Scotland: £11,247 (17% above the UK average)
Wales: £10,656 (11% above the UK average)
Northern Ireland £11,590 (21% above the UK average).

LOG

Anyone else booked anything? I can't imagine the uptake for holidays abroad would be that great. Personally it all seems like an absolute nightmare and many people i'm sure will choose to stay in the UK.
Only anecdotal evidence, but my sister has a holiday let in Cornwall and that's now booked up for the rest of the year and into next.

Alistair20000

Only anecdotal evidence, but my sister has a holiday let in Cornwall and that's now booked up for the rest of the year and into next.
V shaped recovery of the Cornish holiday industry then. (y)

Alistair20000

Ali,
Can you imagine the situation below being tolerated by anyone else but the hapless and much derided English?
No I cannot. We are suckers.

I can just about tolerate Norn and Wales as I do not really hear the serial moaning and whinging compared to what comes out of Krankieland.

elginCity

Talking of clear guidance to the public....can anyone out there make sense of the following gobbledegook ?

To ensure consistent reporting across all pillars we have paused reporting the number of people tested due to an issue with the data for pillar 2.

We have updated the methodology of reporting positive cases, to remove duplicates within and across pillars 1 and 2, to ensure that a person who tests positive is only counted once. Methodologies between nations differ and we will be making future revisions to align approaches as much as possible across the 4 nations.

Due to this change, and a revision of historical data in pillar 1, the cumulative total for positive cases is 30,302 lower than if you added the daily figure to yesterday’s total. We will revise the methodology note explaining this in more detail in due course.

The total number of tests has been revised since yesterday’s total after the following changes to the historical data:

• 369 tests added from the pillar 1 cumulative total
  • 133 tests added to the pillar 2 cumulative total
  • 26 tests added to the pillar 3 cumulative total
The daily tests reported today have been added to this revised total rather than the total reported yesterday, so the cumulative total today is 528 higher than if you added the daily tests to yesterday’s total.

For pillar 2, the cumulative number of in-person tests today is 119 lower than if you added the daily tests to yesterday’s total, and the cumulative number of delivery route tests is 252 higher.

IndoMike

I can just about tolerate Norn and Wales as I do not really hear the serial moaning and whinging compared to what comes out of Krankieland.
Will there be an anti-Scotland uprising in Tebbern?

tavyred

I agree.
I don't think the average English person understands what a net 20% difference in per capita public spending means as regards their everyday lives.
Imagine the difference to English Education, NHS, Social Care ,Home Office and Justice budgets if England enjoyed Scottish levels of funding.
Obviously if that happened it would be totally unaffordable, but that's certainly no reason to fund one part of the UK considerably higher than another.
I've lost count of the times progressive policies in Scotland have been lauded in the London media and yet no one seem to make the logical next step as to why it can be afforded in Scotland but not in England.
The Barnett Formula's core function is keep the Union together at the expense of the English, I do sense however that in England that its inbuilt inequity is beginning to get rumbled.

Alistair20000

Talking of clear guidance to the public....can anyone out there make sense of the following gobbledegook ?

Could only be written by civil servants. :geek:

You can make some sense out of it if you read it several times and take a few pills but to the average person on the Clapham Omnibus it is a crock of shi*e.

Alistair20000

Will there be an anti-Scotland uprising in Tebbern?
Yep, but whisky imports will still be permitted. :)