• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Teams we've not played.

Nigel E

A strange fixture/team anomaly is Maidstone United
Played them only twice in the League but 6 times in the FAC & once in another cup competition(similar to paintpot)
89/90 Played them away in the FA Cup and the mickey mouse cup, as well as the League.

And at the time they were ground sharing with Dartford, who we also played away to in the cup.

Have vague memories of the fanzine title "Nightmare on Watling Street 4".

I expect there is someone out there who went to all four matches.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, they'd be new, as Boreham Wood would be.

Just the thought of potentially playing Boreham Wood is starting to depress me. Personally I'd want Notts Co back, though I suppose Yeovil would be handy given the loss of that lot down the road.
Otherwise our derby game is with a club in another country :)

Nigel E

Otherwise our derby game is with a club in another country :)
Oh Jesus.

And then there's Barrow, which is probably quicker to get to by sea than by land.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
89/90 Played them away in the FA Cup and the mickey mouse cup, as well as the League.

And at the time they were ground sharing with Dartford, who we also played away to in the cup.

Have vague memories of the fanzine title "Nightmare on Watling Street 4".

I expect there is someone out there who went to all four matches.
Tim Long may have gone to all 4..I went to a couple of them.

Last edited:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went to the two FA Cup Games

Avening Posse

Tim Long may have gone to all 4..I went to a couple of them.
I also went to a couple

Oldsmobile-88

A team the Grecians have not played for a while(40 years) is Barnsley.
They were regular visitors to SJP from the mid 1960s & aside from the obvious game between the teams,I can remember them being beaten 6-1 at SJP around 1973.

Boyo

Of all the teams we've played in the football league, I believe there is just one we have never beaten (in a league game)...

Oldsmobile-88

Of all the teams we've played in the football league, I believe there is just one we have never beaten (in a league game)...
Nottingham Forest ??

JJ red&white

I believe there are 5 who we have played in a league game but never won. Canvey Island and Telford (both conference), and West Brom and Wolves (drawn 1 and lost 3 against each). Nottingham Forest is the final one (2 draws and 2 losses).