• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

Langer

Deano to Bristol rovers ?
I wouldn’t rule it out they took Lee Mansell on 😀

budegrecian

Forget about Monday, the guys been a star for us & will always be revered by City fans.
It's always a real shame when time catches up with 'one of our own' but Deanno leaves us with so many memories that left us Happy as Larry.
Hope to see him around the park in the future.

dontpassback

Forget about Monday, the guys been a star for us & will always be revered by City fans.
It's always a real shame when time catches up with 'one of our own' but Deanno leaves us with so many memories that left us Happy as Larry.
Hope to see him around the park in the future.
If it wasn’t for that halfway goal against Donny Rovers we may not be around as we are today,thanks for all you have done for us Deano

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
City legend. Given his all for the red and white for years. Top bloke and a great servant to the club. Thanks deano.

Dannyred

I still think Deano had another good year left in him for City.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Deano just posted this on Twitter. He goes on to thank the supporters and Taggy but doesn’t mention Taylor. The more I’m reading from departing players, the more I’m sensing something going on behind the scenes.
It’s a shame things ended this way and Deano was at fault big time on Monday but it’s a sad end to a City legend’s career.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The more I’m reading from departing players, the more I’m sensing something going on behind the scenes.
Matt Taylor should have thought twice before putting so much implicit blame on his players publicly when the wounds were still raw. The players won't have been impressed by that, as the manager must also shoulder the responsibility. A sad end to what was a very good season both by manager and players.

Deano's reinvention as a center back impressed me a lot and while he had his off days, as all League Two defenders do, he was very solid and aware forming a good partnership with Aaron Martin. He was very much a symbol of our back to back promotion years and I'm sure everyone wishes him well.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
View attachment 3037
Deano just posted this on Twitter. He goes on to thank the supporters and Taggy but doesn’t mention Taylor. The more I’m reading from departing players, the more I’m sensing something going on behind the scenes.
It’s a shame things ended this way and Deano was at fault big time on Monday but it’s a sad end to a City legend’s career.
As I just wrote on another thread, MT mentioned Deano apologising for the sending off and then added, gratuitously ‘words are cheap,it’s actions that count’ . I wouldn’t be surprised if some found that unnecessary and offensive in the circumstances.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it wasn’t for that halfway goal against Donny Rovers we may not be around as we are today,thanks for all you have done for us Deano
Also in the run in in 2009 he scored a very important (and more than a little fortunate) winner away at Lincoln (I think?) that always sticks in my mind as the push we needed to go on and get an automatic promotion spot.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Deano's Twitter message in full

Reactions: DB9