• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

LDNGrecian

Very probably because we would have signed a different striker.You can't just say "without his goal blah blah blah". You can't just subtract his goals and not add the goals of whoever we signed instead of him.
Anyway, we're still in Div 2 now so it's partly a mute point.
It’s not a moot point. He’s a good league 2 striker as he finished 3rd top goalscorer. If you aren’t happy with that then there is no satisfying you.

LDNGrecian

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I dont recall Bowman scoring any more than two good goals out of that major tally of his. I dont class his goal v Colchester as being good. Their keeper was the oldest player on the pitch, and it showed. He'd already let an easy one slip under his body which I would have saved, and he'll be disappointed with the one from Bowman. The ball passed him well within his reach but he couldnt get down in time! Bowman must have wondered how the f**k that got in!
Ah woops. Sorry I missed the ruling where only good goals count nowadays. Guess it means that it doesn’t matter if we have a keeper who makes mistakes anymore because they won’t count as goals!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s not a moot point. He’s a good league 2 striker as he finished 3rd top goalscorer. If you aren’t happy with that then there is no satisfying you.
I was satisfied with Dermot Curtis, Alan Banks, Dixie McNeil, Fred Binney, Darren Rowbotham, Stevie Neville, Alan Beer, Tony Kellow, Jayden Stockley Ollie Watkins, Adam Stansfield, Reuben Reid and David Wheeler (to.name but a few)

If you are happy with 2nd best for City, that"s Ok . Did you know by the way that Matt Jay's and Alec Fisher's goals per minute are better than Bowman's?. Of course, they haven't scored az many because they never get the chance to .

Bowman works hard, but the fact is he is more likely to miss than put away a decent chance. Good bloke, hard worker, but a journeyman striker who is not going to make something out of nothing

Antony Moxey

The trouble with Bowman is that it’s not his fault - we‘re expecting him to be a front line striker and he isn’t, nor has he ever been. I would imagine his real worth would be in partnership with the likes of a Cureton where I suspect we’d see a bucket load of goals from both.

iscalad

Ah woops. Sorry I missed the ruling where only good goals count nowadays. Guess it means that it doesn’t matter if we have a keeper who makes mistakes anymore because they won’t count as goals!
You also missed assists and the fact he was joint 3rd top scorer.:ROFLMAO:

Ian Russon

you can not put a 4-0 defeat on a striker. Bowman and Fisher need to be taken out of this and the rest need a good hard think about themselves. Randell should possibly be excused as well due to the midfield just passing him the ball casing instant trouble and receiving a foul against him.

Still very annoyed with the way we wore the Exeter shirt on Monday night.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The trouble with Bowman is that it’s not his fault - we‘re expecting him to be a front line striker and he isn’t, nor has he ever been. I would imagine his real worth would be in partnership with the likes of a Cureton where I suspect we’d see a bucket load of goals from both.
Which is why Taylor brought Ajose in I suppose. It just hasn't worked out.

IndoMike

You also missed assists and the fact he was joint 3rd top scorer.:ROFLMAO:
And you clearly missed the points I made above 🙄

IndoMike

Who out
you can not put a 4-0 defeat on a striker. Bowman and Fisher need to be taken out of this and the rest need a good hard think about themselves. Randell should possibly be excused as well due to the midfield just passing him the ball casing instant trouble and receiving a foul against him.

Still very annoyed with the way we wore the Exeter shirt on Monday night.
Who put the 4-0 defeat down to a striker?

Funny you should misrepresent what we say and then argue against that position that we have not taken.

(Thanks, Arthur. I like that)..

Dannyred

The true fact is that we were two strikers short of automatic promotion.

Bowman had nobody to challenge his position in the team.