• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing wrong with starting at the bottom, In fact thats what most apprentices have to do, A sort of "Right of Passage" but with the YOP/YTS schemes, They were very rarely kept on and just used as cheap labour.
Exactly, it should be the start of a pathway.

arthur

I see that there is now grouping called Forward Momentum within Momentum as the left thrashes around in turmoil at the horrendous sight of a competent leader of the Labour Party attracting public approval. This forum lacks a true believer Corbynista to explain to us what all this is about and insist that everything in the Campaign Group garden is rosy - a left wing Jason, if you like. Does anyone know where we might find one?

arthur

I think you should be appointed Craft Apprenticeship Czar/Tsar art (y)
You are, as ever, too kind Al :)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Teaser tore strips off Oiky Gove today over the appointment of David Frost as National Security Adviser. You'd think he had enough on his plate with the small matter of the 'easiest deal in history' trade agreement to cross the i's and dot the t's of with M Barnier.

Seems odd that the day after Gove makes a long speech about, amongst other things, the 'lack of expertise' in Whitehall, that they appoint a NSA who has never held a military or security role.

Hey ho, joined up Government. Can't beat it.

arthur

Easiest deal in history? I thought it was oven ready... I really can't for the life of me see what the problem is; perhaps Tavy or Jason could explain

fred binneys head

It’ll be those pesky Europeans.

Legohead

Banned
Build . Build. Build.

What a bell end.

Rosencrantz

I see Teaser tore strips off Oiky Gove today over the appointment of David Frost as National Security Adviser. You'd think he had enough on his plate with the small matter of the 'easiest deal in history' trade agreement to cross the i's and dot the t's of with M Barnier.

Seems odd that the day after Gove makes a long speech about, amongst other things, the 'lack of expertise' in Whitehall, that they appoint a NSA who has never held a military or security role.

Hey ho, joined up Government. Can't beat it.
Gove has no need for experts remember. We are heading for a more US style administration with political appointments over career officials. It might turn out to be more dynamic but can also be light on expertise, consistency along with a lack of effective checks and balances.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Build . Build. Build.

What a bell end.
An improvement on Cut, Cut, Cut possibly.

Be interesting if they do start trying to build thousands of 'affordable family homes' on the precious Green Belt in the shires, together with the associated roads, schools and medical centres. Nothing, nothing causes more consternation in traditional Tory-shire than any proposed development of England's green and rubbish-strewn land.

IndoMike

Since there appears to be a posts and reaction score willy waving contest going on it is probably worth pointing out that Rosencrantz has posted a mere 1839 posts yet garnered 757 reactions, a reaction rate of a staggering 41%.

This contrasts with the willy wavers who are at 5.4% and 0.3%

It should be pointed out that newer members will have higher scores, since the reaction facility only came in recently. This should not detract from recognising the quality of Rosie's contribution:cool:
I wasn't willy - waving,Arthur. Just pointing out to a poster who said that I should "give it a rest" and implying that nobody was interested in my posts that the evidence didn"t support that I did have the right to reply , didn't I?