• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've moved on and from what happened in the past. Perhaps you haven't?
Was dissappointed with Taylor's first year and hoped he'd learn to play more youngsters, which is the whole point of us having an academy, develop a plan B and some sort of tactics going forward. I don't think he has and I'm worried about our future if he continues to waste money on players like Warren, Ajose and Fisher and doesn't develop our youngsters.
But it is true that you only tend to comment when we lose. With Tis it was the reverse 😄
It wasn't Matt's fault that This resigned.
He took over from a long-standing manager. Look at the problems MU and Arsenal have had dealing with that
But we nearly got into the playoffs last season and have got to the final this season. That is clearly progress
I agree he has not always shown great judgement, but the balance is favourable.
We also have to remember that these are difficult times to negituate, C vid 'n
Wasn't MT appointed on the 1st June a day after we took the contract offer to Tis off the table? Had 2 months to get prepped for the season and feel he did a good job last year. He had a full pre season last year and i'd say only Parkes and maybe Nigel from last year's signings have provided a return on investment.

If the budgets are going to be slashed as we expect then i can't see many players coming in this summer so it's make do with what we have plus some of the younger lads being blended in.
Did we take the contract offer off the table or did Tisdale reject it?

rick whitemore

we're too slow at the back because Taylor thinks his back 3 should be made up of a right back, a left back and one centre half, playing players in position isn't rocket science! Bowman needs a partner and some aggression in the middle. Its maybe 3 players away from a cracking team.

DB9

But it is true that you only tend to comment when we lose. With Tis it was the reverse 😄
He took over from a long-standing manager. Look at the problems MU and Arsenal have had dealing with that
But we nearly got into the playoffs last season and have got to the final this season. That is clearly progress

The latter Mike, Some just can't accept that he turned our new offer down to go to MK, Which he had every right to do.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who stays and who goes has to be based on the season overall and not just last nights abysmal performance. Deano and Sweeney generally aren't good enough and Deano gets sent off far too much. Clearly has discipline problems. Taylor imo is good enough, although whether hes captain or not is another discussion.

IndoMike

I've moved on and from what happened in the past. Perhaps you haven't?
Was dissappointed with Taylor's first year and hoped he'd learn to play more youngsters, which is the whole point of us having an academy, develop a plan B and some sort of tactics going forward. I don't think he has and I'm worried about our future if he continues to waste money on players like Warren, Ajose and Fisher and doesn't develop our youngsters.
You are / were a total Tisdale fan and I think you would find it hard to give credit to his replacement, whoever it was. But it wasn't Matt Taylor's responsibility to hire or fire Tisdale
Yes, I'm not always happy with Matt Taylor's team selections or tactics, but if I look at the overall picture I think he's done well. There's no ego, hallucinations or bs with Matt. There's no belittling of the fans
He's worked hard, been honest, kept his feet in the ground and kept us in the top 8 for 2 seasons. He's brought Williams, Law and some other decent players to the club.
He's made bad signings, but every manager does. He's continued to develop Collins and Sparkes. I would have liked Randall to play more, but Taylor is the boss .
The balance in Taylor's favour is good, I believe, with a few lessons to be learned, too

Alistair20000

Is that the same with Ajose? 🤔
Quite possibly :)

dommers

Probably true. As for it being progress I think finishing 5th, 4th, 8th and 5th is probably a sign that we have neither gone forward or backwards.

As for the approach personally I'd prefer losing trying to play football which we did more under Tisdale. Taylor's claims he want to be positive which would be good do but I've seen little evidence of and his disregard for the youth really annoys me. I think if we're not careful we'll lose out on a player like Grimes or Watkins as they're not getting the opportunity .

With regard your last point I think the answer is both?

Red Devon

Come on chaps this isn’t another Tisdale thread.

IndoMike

Probably true. As for it being progress I think finishing 5th, 4th, 8th and 5th is probably a sign that we have neither gone forward or backwards.

As for the approach personally I'd prefer losing trying to play football which we did more under Tisdale. Taylor's claims he want to be positive which would be good do but I've seen little evidence of and his disregard for the youth really annoys me. I think if we're not careful we'll lose out on a player like Grimes or Watkins as they're not getting the opportunity .

With regard your last point I think the answer is both?
[/QUOTE

That's fair comment
About the last point. If we took it off the table it was because Tis wasn't interested . Why leave it in the table getting dusty?

Rosencrantz

Agreed. More evidence required but lack of appearances perhaps suggests the manager is doubtful he has what it takes.
He trusted Ben enough to put him on in a play off semi final second leg at a crucial point and made a point of praising both Bowman and Seymour after the game. I've certainly seen what Ben is capable of in the u23's and we have seen it in flashes in the first team. At 20 he still has some strength to accumulate but I feel that a run of games and a goal will be what he needs to really kick on.