• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
In effect we thought about stopping them too much and not enough about giving them something to think about. Could be.
Exactly which you can trace back to the powerful Cobblers showing away against Cheltenham in the semifinals

PeteUSA

Yep. Fair play to Northampton for grinding out a result against us, but I fear they will get found out very quickly in L1.

Grinding out a result against us? You make it seem like we were a hard team to come to grips with, and that we put up a fight! It looked for all the world that Northampton already played in a higher league than us; such was the high standard of their play. I dont think theres much chance of them getting "found out"; they looked strong enough to hold their own in the league above comfortably IMHO.

ryancooper327

In my opinion we would be ‘found out’ if we had went up. I think the teams that went up will be ok in L2. Whatever teams go bust during next season will be coming down.

IndoMike

Exactly which you can trace back to the powerful Cobblers showing away against Cheltenham in the semifinals
It was impressive. I thought we'd be playing Cheltenham (jumped the gun) and we'd win, then Northampton turned up, showing they meant business. It may not be pretty, but who would you rather play against : Northampton or City.

Red Devon

Grinding out a result against us? You make it seem like we were a hard team to come to grips with, and that we put up a fight! It looked for all the world that Northampton already played in a higher league than us; such was the high standard of their play. I dont think theres much chance of them getting "found out"; they looked strong enough to hold their own in the league above comfortably IMHO.
Agree they looked a League above us in every department...if only we had someone to deliver a ball into the box as good as Nicky Adams, Hoskins is another one who moves the ball very well with clever running....credit to Keith Curle for putting together such a difficult team to play against.

geoffwp

I'm still bloody angry about that awful pathetic display. Angry and bitter. I'm usually a very calm and positive person, a glass half full type. Well I'm fekkin glass empty today. I SHOULD be used to this. I SHOULD know what's going to come as ultimately I've had 50 years plus to get used to it but none of that seems to count today. Thank you very much City you bunch of wasters, with no apologies to any of you who tried their best. You're all tarred with the same crappy brush this morning and you can all just feck off till next fekkin season, if there ever is a next season. You can start disappointing me yet again then but until that time I'm going to forget you exist. 😡🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:

les.gtfc

Gutted for you all this morning.

I thought it was only the Exeter fans who couldn't turn up, not the team too.

Anyway, at least I'll get my trip to SJP and a curry in The Ghandi next season.

See you all next season (whenever that gets started)

DB9

In my opinion we would be ‘found out’ if we had went up. I think the teams that went up will be ok in L2. Whatever teams go bust during next season will be coming down.
It would have been to to see if that would have happened, They're going up to L1, If a team actually goes "Bust" then they will not exsit and can't be in L2. Just saying.

IndoMike

I'm still bloody angry about that awful pathetic display. Angry and bitter. I'm usually a very calm and positive person, a glass half full type. Well I'm fekkin glass empty today. I SHOULD be used to this. I SHOULD know what's going to come as ultimately I've had 50 years plus to get used to it but none of that seems to count today. Thank you very much City you bunch of wasters, with no apologies to any of you who tried their best. You're all tarred with the same crappy brush this morning and you can all just feck off till next fekkin season, if there ever is a next season. You can start disappointing me yet again then but until that time I'm going to forget you exist. 😡🤬🤬🤬
But apart from that, everything is ok, right ? 😆

ryancooper327

It would have been to to see if that would have happened, They're going up to L1, If a team actually goes "Bust" then they will not exsit and can't be in L2. Just saying.
Maybe not bust but financial unwell. A la Bolton, Maccs etc. Deducted points until they are another league's problem.