• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some people are never happy
And then you have the odd troll or two ! :cool:

StroudGrecian

Dannyred

I struggle to believe people are even having this conversation, he's just scored the final goal to confirm our place in the play off final :)

Had he scored some of the chances in previous games then we wouldn’t of been in the play offs and had already been celebrating promotion.

Saying that it was clear we needed a striker and that could of taken the pressure off him.

grecIAN Harris

Had he scored some of the chances in previous games then we wouldn’t of been in the play offs and had already been celebrating promotion.

Saying that it was clear we needed a striker and that could of taken the pressure off him.
That's the trouble with Bowman, he's being judge on the partner that he needs rather than the sort of player he is. If he had the 'fox in the box' beside him knocking in nigh on 20 goals then everybody would be more than satisfied with what Ryan has given us this season both in terms of general performance and quantity of goals.

IndoMike

That's the trouble with Bowman, he's being judge on the partner that he needs rather than the sort of player he is. If he had the 'fox in the box' beside him knocking in nigh on 20 goals then everybody would be more than satisfied with what Ryan has given us this season both in terms of general performance and quantity of goals.
That is fair comment

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We also weren't supposed to lose Jonathan Forte last August leaving us a striker short.

Rosencrantz

I can't think of a City striker who has scored at a rate of approx 1 in 3 have so much grief from people.

IndoMike

I can't think of a City striker who has scored at a rate of approx 1 in 3 have so much grief from people.
Stockley often got grief on here : people said he was slow and/or lazy.
Bowman gets standard grief, not "so.much grief".
He has played more minutes in the league than any other striker in the list of top 20 strikers. He has NO assists.
He has missed a lot of chances.
Now there might be some mitigating circumstances, and I understand that some want to jump on the Bowman bandwagon, but let's get real.
He's an honest player who showed us how to finish last week, but he seldom finishes as well as that and he seldom scores a thumping header.
If Fisher had played the same number of minutes I reckon he would have scored around the same number as Bowman with probably more assists.
Bowman is an OK striker for Div 2, but if we had to rely on him in Div 1 I think we'd struggle to score.

Ian Russon

We could have C.Ronaldo and Messi upfront and people would still be unhappy.

Boweman is a good striker, not going anywhere and obviously works with the squad.

Honestly what more do people want :)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman is a decent League 2 striker. We have had many, many worse strikers leading the line for us over the years.